Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by West michigan View Post
    Got mine this Monday in woodland camo 1.6
    Top cover and net also
    Slept out on my deck in it first time last night with the tieouts and bugnet
    Super awesome deep sleep
    1.6 is perfect for me I'm 170 lbs and 6ft 2
    I did have to add 2/2 extensions to my deck hanging board as it hung lower due to the 11 foot length which is all new to me and I totally love it
    That's great to hear, I bought everything except a cover. I also added the top net compartments. It's stupid hot down here in Florida, so I'll wait a few months and get the cover once it starts getting cool, but I had to have the bug net. I'm quite a bit heavier at 235, but still fall well within the limits, I'm excited to try it out.

Hammock
    Still testing
    Tarp
    Various 12 ft
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad32825 View Post
    That's great to hear, I bought everything except a cover. I also added the top net compartments. It's stupid hot down here in Florida, so I'll wait a few months and get the cover once it starts getting cool, but I had to have the bug net. I'm quite a bit heavier at 235, but still fall well within the limits, I'm excited to try it out.
    You should be good with the 1.6 then. I tried 1.6 at 300# and it was a bit too stretchy for my taste. I am much happier in my 2.4. Honestly for my taste, I would say 250 would be about the limit for 1.6 for MY comfort level that is. I am coming from a DL though, so I prefer a firmer lay.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    UK Hammocks
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40/Econ 0
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Hmmmmm, I'm wondering if I should have gone for the 1.6 instead of the 1.0 now. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs.

Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ/EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I'm 220 and I love the 2.4. I absolutely do not like overly stretchy/things i sink in stuff. I even like a nice firm lay on my bed, or else my back kills me.

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MJ
    Suspension
    Dbl woopie hook
    Well I will be placing my order sometime next week and have been thinking 1.6. However with minimal experience hanging I will be the 1st to admit I wouldn't know if I prefer firm or stretch. Coming from an ENO I feel there will be little to aid in my decision. I can day I am a side preferred sleeper or I wake myself up snoring. I'm a solid 240. Not to be confused with loose 240.
    Last edited by Larry Tanner; 07-22-2017 at 18:35.

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Tanner View Post
    Well I will be placing my order sometime next week and have been thinking 1.6. However with minimal experience hanging I will be the 1st to admit I wouldn't know if I prefer firm or stretch. Coming from an ENO I feel there will be little to aid in my decision. I can day I am a side preferred sleeper or I wake myself up snoring. I'm a solid 240. Not to be confused with loose 240.
    Same here regarding side sleeping and snoring. This is my first "real" hammock so I wasn't exactly sure what I would like, I figured I'd give 1.6 a try instead of going to the more extreme firmer 2.4, I figure if I don't like it I can always post it up for sale.

I placed my order on the 15th and received everything last night. Unfortunately, I had a scout meeting so I didn't get home until late and didn't get to try it out, I wil tonight though....hopefully, we've been getting severe thunderstorms almost every night so, we'll see how that goes. Considering the high demand for the Chameleon, turn around was pretty quick.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    We try to stock the Chameleons but we knew we would have trouble the first couple weeks. We are now starting to build stock and carry out the business model I had planned, custom hammocks on demand.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    We try to stock the Chameleons but we knew we would have trouble the first couple weeks. We are now starting to build stock and carry out the business model I had planned, custom hammocks on demand.
    That's great to hear Dutch, I'm glad I picked your company as my first real hammock! any plans on making more of those netless hammocks?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12