HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Just make sure you check for spiders before just blindly hopping out to pee. I'm glad I did!!!!!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Am I the only one that thinks the title of this thread sounds like an old Indian name?

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the title of this thread sounds like an old Indian name?
    Lol, +1
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Geez, it's not nuclear waste...

+1 on the Tide jugs. Use a soldering gun like a hot knife to cut the pour spout out.
    It's even easier. Takes two seconds with a pair of pliers. On every detergent bottle I've used over the years, merely grip the pour spout with the pliers and yank it out. They pop right out. Viola!

Right now, there is a detergent bottle that is much better than the Tide bottle for a "Gentleman's Helper." The 50 ounce Purex "Free and Clear" -- it has a larger opening than most and has the most rectangular, non-tippy base I've found yet. Here's a pic of this one and the larger sizes seem to have that same desirable base and opening, only upscaled. These are great for tents, boats, private aircraft, anywhere you don't or can't walk to a toilet or have to walk upstairs or downstairs. As for peeing under your hammock, maybe in deep snow, but otherwise, repulsive. Ugh.
    Purex bottle.jpeg
    Last edited by MrJames; 07-24-2017 at 19:19.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    There use to be a product I used while in my tree stand than when used absorbed the pee, something like cat litter, and could be used a couple of times than securing could be carried out in my pack. However I can't remember the name to save my life but I did order them from Cabela's. Maybe these would work in the hammock without worrying about spilling.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    I have to admit I saw a combo that had me laughing. "Pee more freely" last post: SoaknWet" I know I'm a horrible evil person but I really needed that laugh after a stressful day!
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    Caution: . Once during a basic survival class I took where we were allowed to use a hammock (only on night 1, as it turned out) I hung an empty Powerade bottle off my ridgeline to use as a pee bottle. I got a bit dehydrated that day, so I had a lot of fluids before bedtime. At 3 am the sound of filling it was really, really, really loud! It seemed to me to be even louder than the pack of coyotes that went across the ridge 100 yards away earlier in the night.

Hammock
    DH T- BIRD WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    tadpole+doors JRB
    Insulation
    greyloc 3, WLogics
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I just get up stand on my ground sheet and let her fly!
    I'm Drunk as A Boiled Owl Harriet's left me and I think I've been called to Preach! FRANK WILSON

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    OK, been thru this before. My opinion, which is like --------, everybody has one. Having to get OUT of the hammock in the wee hours is just mother natures way of telling you that there are amazing wonders in the world that can only be experienced in the dark and silence of the early morning hours. As stated before, there is no way I will ever pee from my hammock and I also like to claim my territory. Too many chances for things to go wrong. Mid 20°f has been my lowest temps to step out of the hammock, but the beauty of the woods in the early morning hours is worth it. For those that just can't manage to get out of the hammock. As a 22 month repeat grandfather, those disposable diapers hold a few gallons. Just remember to take it out of the woods. Just seems a lot easier to step out of the hammock, pee and ponder the universe before climbing back into a nice warm cozy hammock.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast