Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing

Thumbs up Finally got a cold-weather setup!

Here are a few pics from when I set up my hammock for a little nap earlier since I got my Winter Yeti in the mail this morning!

I have a lot of extra cordage attached to the doors but I assume I will need that for when I want the doors open instead of closed. I will also be removing the adjustment thingies (for lack of a better word) I put on the no-tangle guylines. The knot that came with the tarp's directions (the name escapes me at the moment) seems to be working a lot better and gives a lot more customization.

The Winter Yeti was amazing kept me sooo warm, even with my overrated Lafume 30* sleeping bag. I assumed I would need to attach a biner to either end of my hammock since I threaded my whoopie slings through the hammock's end channels instead of a gathered end, but there was just enough material bunched up to securely hold the Yeti.

I am still not entirely happy with my cheapie hammock. It is a little narrow and I can't get a very flat lay, even lying diagonally. I did find out that I don't need to wear anything except a T-**** at 30*, so I ended up rolling my jacket up and putting it under my legs, which took the hyperextended knee feeling away, and I even fell asleep for a bit. Unfortunately, I live near a highway where truckers like to engine brake and one of them woke me up.

Overall, very happy with my setup (for now!) and I can't wait to get back out into the woods. I'll be very jealous of all you Mt. Rogers'ers this weekend, and I hope my fiance and I can make it out next year.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Looks like youre on your way! Nice set up ! It opens up a whole new world being able to winter camp! What Ive noticed is the more I learn about hammocks, the more there is to learn-------its a huge subject, and keeps getting bigger as the whole concept grows! Concerning your hammock, I had a similar problem with my diy speer----with my body size and shape I could never lay flat in comfort I bought a cheapie claytor no net last month (40 bucks with shipping) ----------big difference in comfort for me.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Images
    Congratulations on the Yeti AND finding a place to hang in that open field!

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    when were the pics taken?? you know you got your cold weather set up dialed in when your sweating and its -10 outside your rig nice looking set up like the tie outs, would like some of that color myself
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Very nice Kukri! mmmmm, winter yeti! I'm jealous!

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    Pics were taken earlier today, before I fell asleep in it lol. I like the nice bright color of the tie-outs too, they came with the extra kit you can buy with the Speer Winter Tarp.

Yea my yard is rather devoid of trees, I had to use the old basketball goal, I'm just hoping it'll hold up long-term because I don't think I'll have any more trees pop up that'll hold me. I guess I could always use the rack on the truck if I drove it into the yard.

• + New Posts