Hammock
    ENO Singlenest w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Ridgerest
    Images

wanting to lighten up my singlenest

Hello, I have the singlenest which I love. I just want to make it lighter. I use it with camp nano biners. I was curious is there any reason to keep the black cord at the end of the hammock on there? Why not just do like the pronest and clip right to the hammock? For what it is the cord seems heavy. I thought about the pronest before my purchase but decided I wanted/needed the longer singlenest. I've considered the nano 7 but same thing, I prefer the longer length I think. I did see it is a whole foot longer than the pronest. I'm 5'10, 170 if it matters. Thanks.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Greetings

What are the rest of your suspension components? If I remember correctly the Camp Nano biners are 23 grams a piece. Other end channel hammock manufacturers have a carabiner that is threaded through the channel fabric and that is clipped to your tree hugger straps. So that cord that is already there isn't totally necessary.

Have you considered any other suspension method with built in adjust ability? Whoopie Slings, webbing and cinch buckles, UCRs, etc?

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Cutting the stuff sack off the side takes care of a lot of weight...so I hear.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    yep cut off the pouch, remove black rope, change suspensions.

my eno now has whoopie sling/rl from opie, dutch clip for my webbing.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    You should check out the Eno Modification's thread.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Cutting the stuff sack off the side takes care of a lot of weight...so I hear.
    This, I don't get...it sounds like something Randy would do. Presumably, you're still gonna bag the hammock in something.

It's a handy place to stash a light, cell phone, handkerchief, water bottle, etc. I like it, and I'm keeping mine.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Tricked out my ENO DN with 7/64" amsteel whoopie slings from AHE (removed stock whipping cord). Cut down the tree straps to 4' each. Dutch clips instead of biners. 3" wooden dowels from AHE for the Marlin spike.

Weight is down to 22.5oz total and it all fits in the stuff sack connected to the hammock. That little sack on the side is handy to put stuff in when you hang too. (I did cut the additional webbing off the bag).

Senior Member Carolinahammockhanger's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO Singlenest w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Ridgerest
    Images
    I did cut the strap on the pouch off. It helped more than I thought it would. So no negetives on getting rid of the cord? I'm considering woopie sling setup, but i might have to purchase instead of make my own. My current suspension is straps, using knots to adjust.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Carolina Hanger... If you click on the youtube link in my sig you will find a video that shows you how to change out the stock suspension on an ENO, to a whoopie sling. Its not rocket science, just a visual aid.

The sling is a vast improvement both in ease and weight, over the stock setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinahammockhanger View Post
    I did cut the strap on the pouch off. It helped more than I thought it would. So no negetives on getting rid of the cord? I'm considering woopie sling setup, but i might have to purchase instead of make my own. My current suspension is straps, using knots to adjust.
    You won't be disappointed with whoopies on your ENO. I love mine. And don't feel bad supporting our fellow members and their cottage industries. Both Opie and PGibson sell very good quality products that would suit the bill!

Attaching the whoopies is as easy as feeding the fixed end through the sewn channel and bringing the adjustable end through the fixed loop once it is exposed through the channel. Then just cut back your tree huggers to 4', 6' or whatever length you feel comfortable with based on the expected girth of the trees in your area and learn the very easy to master Marlin spike hitch.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast