I recently switched my stock ENO suspension over to Whoopie Slings (well, I had switched the hefty 'biners out awhile ago); I wasn't that negative about the Slap Straps, I knew that they weren't the best but they worked well enough for me (ignorance was bliss, I guess ).

I've got to say that since switching the suspension over to Whoopie Slings I am much happier. Not only is the weight saving nice, the ease of adjustment is amazing. The second night of the Uwharrie hang my jerry-rigged winter tarp wasn't quite cutting it after the wind changed the direction of the rain. It took me about 30 seconds to shift my whole hammock down wind enough to keep out of the rain (all accomplished from within the tarp). With the old Slap Strap method I would have gotten quite wet adjusting the whole suspension.

I'm not much of a DIY'er either, luckily I won Whoopie Slings and Dutch Clips at the MAHHA hang ; if I hadn't have won them, I would have eventually paid someone to make me a set of Whoopie Slings.

I guess I'm officially joining the long list of ENO hammock fans who can't stand Slap Straps.