Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hey guys,

Can I please get an idea of who wants to come in when so we could possible match up a couple of bowsmen to some tandem canoes coming in for the weekend portion of the hang?

I updated the Google sheet to add an arriving, departing and a "looking for partner" column.

For the loopers, did you want to get a start on the Monday? Unless we do some serious lolligagging, it'll be hard to make more than a three night trip of the loop. That said, we might just want to hit Ragged/Parkside Bay early and get a couple of nice sites. Years ago, I saw a family of otters in Crown bay, which was a wide, late stage wetland type area. Might be cool to see if they're still around.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 5.0
    Tarp
    Skjold 10
    Insulation
    Fjol Winterlight
    Suspension
    Amok cinch buckles
    I have no problem lollygagging if that includes more time to explore, fish & relax by an evening fire - all missed during our Spring trip. An extra night mid-point on Louisa would also be welcome if my fellow 'loopers' agree. Also like the idea of a side trip down to Dividing to see the old growth white pine stand there. (One low-maintenance campsite, could overnight there if we like.)

I will probably head up Sunday & head into Little Island Lake & meet the group there Monday. Company welcome if anyone else wants an extra day out. First night is steak!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Any of our Toronto crew coming up for the weekend hang only willing to have me drop off a food package that they can bring in for a weekend resupply? Mainly beef, booze and perhaps a bit of mutton!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    EGL Trip Reports:

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Just secured the week off. I'm in for the loop. I might take a day off and go to huntsville at the end of the loop and resupply for the weekend.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have a bunch of question marks for my trip. First is my car. It's starting to make some odd noises and vibrations so I'll have to do some checking into the car and if I need to start looking for a new one.
    As for the trip, what's the length of the portage? I'm thinking if I do make it I might be looking to come in solo in the kayak Thursday morning. Probably unload the yak at the portage, carry the stuff and then go back for the yak. I don't think I would have an issue with carrying the yak empty above my head.
    I did a minor outing as a bowman and didn't feel comfortable at all.
    Maybe if I'm feeling real adventurous I'll rent an ultra light canoe and go in on Wednesday.
    I've got some figerin to do...
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggreaves View Post
    Just secured the week off. I'm in for the loop. I might take a day off and go to huntsville at the end of the loop and resupply for the weekend.
    Makes sense... Let's discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    I have a bunch of question marks for my trip. First is my car. It's starting to make some odd noises and vibrations so I'll have to do some checking into the car and if I need to start looking for a new one.
    As for the trip, what's the length of the portage? I'm thinking if I do make it I might be looking to come in solo in the kayak Thursday morning. Probably unload the yak at the portage, carry the stuff and then go back for the yak. I don't think I would have an issue with carrying the yak empty above my head.
    Maybe if I'm feeling real adventurous I'll rent an ultra light canoe and go in on Wednesday.
    Depending if/when the loopers get to Ragged and/or do a resupply run, it's possible we could help you over the portage Wednesday or Thursday. We got some "figerin" ahead of us.

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    EGL Trip Reports:

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Well it's getting closer and I am tentatively starting to get excited however it's been a tough summer with my boys especially my oldest. I usually end up attending but I'm still 50/50 on going and will likely remain so up until the day before depending on how things go when school starts. Here's hoping...
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 5.0
    Tarp
    Skjold 10
    Insulation
    Fjol Winterlight
    Suspension
    Amok cinch buckles
    My bride & I were up paddling around Cache Lake yesterday, both surprised to see how many trees were starting to show the first touches of Fall colours. It's going to be really beautiful in three weeks, we should be there right when it's peaking!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Hey Chris. Not sure how far out of your way Goderich is but I have one of those folding canoe/kayak portage karts. Your welcome to use it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    A couple of weeks to go!

I was thinking of heading in early on Monday Sept 25th. What do you think of:

• Monday: Smoke>Tanamakoon (pick up KeeWayKeno & Company)>Cache>Head>Harness>Louisa
    • Tuesday: Louisa stop over
    • Wednesday: Louisa>North Grace>McGarvey>Little Coon - with possible side trip to Dividing
    • Thursday: Little Coon>Big Porcupine>Ragged - Secure site for main hang, midday rendezvous with LoveMyBonnet at start of Smoke to Ragged portage and possible Huntsville run for resupply. (Busy day!)
    • Friday-Sunday: Main Hang

This keeps us on the route's best trout lakes for as long as possible.

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    EGL Trip Reports:

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast