Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst

40 degree Ridge Creek XL

Two questions please:

I cannot seem to find a weight on the 40 degree (two season) Ridge Creek XL, anyone have this stat?

Second, any thoughts what temperature I could expect with this quilt plus the zlite on my double layer Ridge Runner? (The pad serves as part of my pack frame already, so trying to find how I can stretch this setup longer into the seasons while still keeping my base weight reasonable). I've slept comfortable with the pad alone down to the low forties, haven't tried it any lower yet.

Sorry, can't help with the 40 degree quilt, but I just got the 25 degree last week. On my scale it weighs just shy of 19 oz without stuff sack.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Quote Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
    Sorry, can't help with the 40 degree quilt, but I just got the 25 degree last week. On my scale it weighs just shy of 19 oz without stuff sack.
    Thanks, that is good to know. I'm considering the 3 season one as well, but since I already carry a CCF pad I am hoping that it, plus the summer weight UQ will get me down to at least 30 degrees.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Seems the weight of the one season XL isn't listed but the weight difference of the partial length Ridge Creek is 5 ounces between the 3S and the 1S. I expect the difference in the XL would be close to that.
    I have wondered too about getting the 1S and supplementing it with a windshield reflector if needed.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Seems the weight of the one season XL isn't listed but the weight difference of the partial length Ridge Creek is 5 ounces between the 3S and the 1S. I expect the difference in the XL would be close to that.
    I have wondered too about getting the 1S and supplementing it with a windshield reflector if needed.
    Good catch on the size of the 3/4 length. I'm figuring then based on that it will weigh in in the 15 to 16 ounce range to go from 3/4 to full length.

Anyone have any experience of layering quilts and pads?

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    In case it helps anyone else out there, the weight according to my scale, without the stuff sack, was 14.5 ounces. With the stuff sack it was 15.3 ounces.

• + New Posts