Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Just a general heads up as well:

The contact page of the website as well as the 'justbill' emails all more or less forward to a personal email account of mine so I can more readily respond.

Even when using the contact page... it's an '[email protected]' type account which many email servers will filter out as it's a funky email and since my website isn't anything special... it's going to show up as junk.

So... if you've contacted me and don't see a response... more often than not my email has ended up in your junk mail.
    With rare exception- I catch and respond to every email.

Also- I don't mind responding to PM's here, however the moderators of this site request that vendors not use the PM system for commercial purposes.
    So out of respect for them and this site if you do PM I will request that you email me to discuss any products if you're interested.

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    Thanks for getting in touch with me bill. Do you know if anyone has done a review on your hammock on YouTube or Vimeo?

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    Thanks for getting in touch with me bill. Do you know if anyone has done a review on your hammock on YouTube or Vimeo?
    I don't think so....
    There are a few customers who have youtube channels... but given my limited capacity I didn't go out of my way to send one out or request a review be done by anyone specifically as some vendors do.
    I'd love to hear Shug's thoughts or Derek Hanson's simply out of curiosity as a designer and their expertise as product reviewers... a bad review I could learn from. A well received video from either of them would overwhelm my inbox and production capabilities... and piss folks off.

Mainly all there is to share are customer testimonials here or from testers in that thread. At some point when I get my website up for real... I'll politely ask those who want to chime in... but I don't bug people or require reviews from testers. (or exchange gear for reviews) The only thing I've ever asked is for people to use the gear and provide me feedback privately- good or bad. For me it's just gear. It won't change your life.

Though even I have to admit that in a few cases that is not exactly true, though I don't go out of my way to promote or pressure folks to share those personal stories.

Here are the videos I put up-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyl...XluV6i83nB1LZG

This one is probably the best overview video as the playlist is intended for customers to cover all the details and common questions.
    Bridges have their own learning curve... many feel they are actually easier to set up.

However the biggest struggles come from those with long experience with gathered ends as it's hard to reset the instincts and eye they have developed for a 'proper hang'.

The reason I like/got into bridges was the consistency.
    It's not that I have never enjoyed or never will again set butt in a gathered end... but when I first got into hammocks it was for speed hiking trips where I couldn't really afford a bad night or an hour in the dark after a 16 hour day to play with an inch here or there to attain perfection. With a bridge I found that I could 'blow' the pitch by 6-10" and still sleep well. The worst thing that happens is you slide to one end or another... and you get up and raise or lower a tree strap. But you don't fiddle much and since you're mainly pitching 'level' there isn't really much to mess with anyway.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    And all necessary supplies have been obtain
    ed:

Very important stuff....a fridge full of liquid bachelor chow
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post

Here are the videos I put up-
    for what it's worth, I thought your videos were pretty great. you did a pretty good job explaining everything

I'd definitely like to give one a whirl sometime

I saw Slugger this last weekend. I was too lazy to get over to his hammock before he left. He had to go a day early.
    He, and a few others at John Rock, say that your bridge is the best. No one says otherwise.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Images
    Just reading this thread, again, makes me want one. Nice video, looks like a great hammock.

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    Bill as always you are thorough when you discuss things. I appreciate that. I have watched a few of your videos the other night and when you walked on that thing I snapped lol. That was wild to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    Bill as always you are thorough when you discuss things. I appreciate that. I have watched a few of your videos the other night and when you walked on that thing I snapped lol. That was wild to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used the brown bridge for that one just in case

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    I saw Slugger this last weekend. I was too lazy to get over to his hammock before he left. He had to go a day early.
    He, and a few others at John Rock, say that your bridge is the best. No one says otherwise.
    Thankee kindly... That's high praise from a group of folks who know their way around a bridge.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast