Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Insulation
    KAQ TQ/JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I completed the Eagle Rock Loop Trail in the Ouachita National Forest this past weekend. The longest and toughest trail in Arkansas according to the local park ranger. Plenty of places to hang especially within a nice walking distance to the river.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    Cuban with doors
    Nice, it is on my list of to do trips.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre / Exped
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Nice! Looks like a good amount of elevation changes going up an down the ridges on the west side of the loop.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Insulation
    KAQ TQ/JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcajou View Post
    Nice! Looks like a good amount of elevation changes going up an down the ridges on the west side of the loop.
    You are quite right. The west side is the most challenging. The loose rocks makes it some hard hiking and is rough on your feet. Here is the link to the map in case you need it. I printed it out and laminated it prior to my trip.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...sm9_039482.pdf

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I'd be in for an OK hang. I'm an Okie from Muskogee, but live just a few miles up 44 in Joplin, MO. I'd attend a hang if its within 4-5 hours from home. I like the idea of the Eagle Rock Loop Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    I am moving back to Oklahoma City after being away for a handful of years. I am interested in learning about your favorite places to go hanging, or backpacking. I am looking for places to add to my list of destinations to work on my videos. Thanks!
    Hey Spiguyver! I know your initial post is a few months old, just joined the forum today and wanted to check out if there were any Okies in here. Been watching your YT channel for a bit, didn't know you were in the area until recently when I saw some of your Arcadia videos. I'm up in the Deer Creek/Edmond area myself. I am brand new to hammock camping and looking to invest in a good setup over the next couple months. I would welcome any feedback from you, or the rest of the group, on gear choices as well as spots around OK that are great places to visit to do an overnighter in the hammock.

--LC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyc View Post
    I'd be in for an OK hang. I'm an Okie from Muskogee, but live just a few miles up 44 in Joplin, MO. I'd attend a hang if its within 4-5 hours from home. I like the idea of the Eagle Rock Loop Trail.
    Joplin is a great area, I've got some family up there. If you are familiar with the Roper auto dealerships, my moms side of the family own/operate all of those, however it has been years since I have been up that way to see them.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Hey everyone, still looking for new places to explore in OK and the surrounding areas. For those who follow the channel, you know that I kinda struck out at Greenleaf State Park. I did some decent exploring at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. I had an awesome trip to Butterfield in AR. I have a trip coming up to Elk City Lake trail in Independence, KS. But if you know of other places, keep posting them up on here so I keep them on the list. Eagle Rock will be after the time change so that there's more daylight to enjoy it with! (plus all those water crossings are gonna be chilly)

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    Hey everyone, still looking for new places to explore in OK and the surrounding areas. For those who follow the channel, you know that I kinda struck out at Greenleaf State Park. I did some decent exploring at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. I had an awesome trip to Butterfield in AR. I have a trip coming up to Elk City Lake trail in Independence, KS. But if you know of other places, keep posting them up on here so I keep them on the list. Eagle Rock will be after the time change so that there's more daylight to enjoy it with! (plus all those water crossings are gonna be chilly)
    Butterfield is a great hike. If you want to travel a bit, my favorite place is Wilderness Trail Loop at Meramec State Park. I hope to get up that way in March. It’s about 4 hours from Joplin, so probably 6 or so hours for you. I’m also from Muskogee and am very familiar with Greenleaf.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by LC0307 View Post
    Joplin is a great area, I've got some family up there. If you are familiar with the Roper auto dealerships, my moms side of the family own/operate all of those, however it has been years since I have been up that way to see them.
    I know them well. Attend church with them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast