WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap

The PERFECT gear storage room?

Not to hijack another post on gear storage, in anticipation of my move to PA this summer, I plan to build a gear storage area either in the barn/outbuilding or day basement (if we build a house with one).

I have some ideas gleaned from the various handyman magazines for garage storage... so here's the question...

If you could build the perfect gear storage room, what would you have/look like? (sure, it can also be a DIY room)

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    If you could build the perfect gear storage room, what would you have/look like? (sure, it can also be a DIY room)
    In general: cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Rodent/insect proof storage. Well lit. A surface of the appropriate size and height to lay out stuff on and to load the pack. Source of music or other audio entertainment for those long dithering sessions.
    -Liz -

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    A bench with a flat stone for burning alcohol stoves is a must!!!!!!!!!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    #1 Strong walls to hold the bolts for the hammock to hang from for naps.
    #2 a huge work bench to sort, organize, tinker and pack on.
    #3 lots of shelves, hooks, racks, so everything has a place to sit
    #4 If you are building, a big door so you can back up the truck and load right from the gear room.

Just a couple things on my list
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Room for hanging bags, quilts, and pads. And a wall for my blacklight poster collection from the 60's.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Mine would have a big armoire-style closet with hooks for my quilts and bags. And a smaller set of shelves, like cubes with plastic tubs in each one, for the smaller stuff. Next to that, a big work bench for making new suspensions and stoves...pegboard in front if it for the tools; outlets, lights and a fan nearby; etc. I usually do thread injecting inside, but if this gear room were inside probably a separate area to set up a large table for making tarps and stuff. And of course, a place to comfortably hang two hammocks for testing, but out of the work area so you don't have to walk around them.

And a view of the mountains. Took this one from my living room this morning...it's the moon setting over the front range. My downstairs room, where I'll be thread injecting from now on, has a sliding glass door with almost the same view...so I can sit and daydream about where I'll use my gear as I'm making it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    And a view of the mountains. Took this one from my living room this morning...it's the moon setting over the front range. My downstairs room, where I'll be thread injecting from now on, has a sliding glass door with almost the same view...so I can sit and daydream about where I'll use my gear as I'm making it!
    Wow... that's not fair
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The perfect gear storage room would have a closet with a revolving hanger rack. You simply hang your bag/hammock/etc on the rack and rotate it. When you're looking for something rotate until you find what you need!

Come on people, realistic thinking is good, but they said PERFECT! We need more TIM THE TOOLMAAAN TAYLOR! THINKING!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Wow... that's not fair
    Haha - in the original picture you can see the houses and stuff in my neighborhood. I try to ignore them in real life so I just cropped them out of the picture.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Mine would have a big armoire-style closet with hooks for my quilts and bags. And a smaller set of shelves, like cubes with plastic tubs in each one, for the smaller stuff. Next to that, a big work bench for making new suspensions and stoves...pegboard in front if it for the tools; outlets, lights and a fan nearby; etc. I usually do thread injecting inside, but if this gear room were inside probably a separate area to set up a large table for making tarps and stuff. And of course, a place to comfortably hang two hammocks for testing, but out of the work area so you don't have to walk around them.

Love the views in colorado springs, Stay at Cheyenne Mountain resort ocasionally for work trips and always get up early to watch the sunrise.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast