Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaaayne View Post
    I would never do such a thing! Mostly.
    Truth. It would more likely fly out of the open jeep on its own. Never intentional, just a fact of aerodynamics.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Exciting news. The Blackjack group has agreed that us moving the date of our hang will allow for some of us to join you guys at Wolfpen for the Sipsey Hang and HOPEFULLY allow for some of you guys to come hang out with us on DECEMBER 1st-3rd. So to clarify, the official dates to for the North Mississippi - Batesville MS Blackjack Hang will take place on December 1st-3rd. I have pm'd an Admin to help get the dates straightened out.
    So does that mean YOU'RE gonna make Sipsey? If you're coming it will become a moral imperative for me to clear the deck and get there. You, me and Squidbilly, all in the same place at the same time....epic.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Awesome, Chriss. I am not on-call that weekend, so it looks like I will be able to make it to my first Blackjack Hang!
    Wonderful!! You will be a wonderful addition to the Blackjack Hang!

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    So does that mean YOU'RE gonna make Sipsey? If you're coming it will become a moral imperative for me to clear the deck and get there. You, me and Squidbilly, all in the same place at the same time....epic.
    Yep!! Myself along with others that had cleared the deck for the Blackjack Hang will likely go East for the weekend! I bet I can get another 4-6 of us over that way. I will definitely be coming and likely bring Logan.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Yep!! Myself along with others that had cleared the deck for the Blackjack Hang will likely go East for the weekend! I bet I can get another 4-6 of us over that way. I will definitely be coming and likely bring Logan.
    Yay! Glad y'all are coming.

We thought y'all were coming last fall, so Max gathered up a bucket of acorns. We were planning on recreating the acorn battle that spontaneously erupted at The Dismals Hang. Well, let's just say Max irritated some of us by continuously throwing acorns, so Todd got him back,- good. I hid the acorn bucket behind Todd's Jeep when Max wasn't looking, and Todd filled his hammock full of acorns. Imagine Max's shock when he slid into his hammock expecting blissful comfort, but feeling thousands of acorns on his backside!

I appreciate the consideration being given to my hike preferences but I promise I won't whine if I don't get my way... at least not too much unless it's to say...Waaayne! And I have a confession to make. I have been cheating on all of you with Wildsouth. But they took me to Soggy Doo Doo, Indian Tomb Hollow, and Parker Falls and cascades already (not that the journey would be the same but I have been to Scooby Doo now).

That being said, the hike we went on in the spring was soooo much better than Soggy Doo Doo with Wildsouth and I would hate to see anyone get shot (Well, maybe a stray bullet grazing a shoulder would entertain me a little with a couple of you ). I think the best idea is to leave the hike option up to the people who know best and believe it or not, that's not me. I am just hoping to not repeat anything but if I do... it's the Sipsey. You can't be disappointed as long as you're there.

According to Tammy #1, I have plans in Hartselle or somewhere on Saturday night so I won't hang that night but I may come back Sunday morning (depending on how much fun I have Saturday night) And the whole weekend depends on if I can wiggle out of a Blue Angel's show with my grandson. My family has always gone until my kids got older and now that Charlie is here, I might need to start going again but that may wait another year. We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing all of you, new and old!

Signed,
    The Least Favorite of All

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post
    I appreciate the consideration being given to my hike preferences but I promise I won't whine if I don't get my way... at least not too much unless it's to say...Waaayne! And I have a confession to make. I have been cheating on all of you with Wildsouth. But they took me to Soggy Doo Doo, Indian Tomb Hollow, and Parker Falls and cascades already (not that the journey would be the same but I have been to Scooby Doo now).

That being said, the hike we went on in the spring was soooo much better than Soggy Doo Doo with Wildsouth and I would hate to see anyone get shot (Well, maybe a stray bullet grazing a shoulder would entertain me a little with a couple of you ). I think the best idea is to leave the hike option up to the people who know best and believe it or not, that's not me. I am just hoping to not repeat anything but if I do... it's the Sipsey. You can't be disappointed as long as you're there.

According to Tammy #1, I have plans in Hartselle or somewhere on Saturday night so I won't hang that night but I may come back Sunday morning (depending on how much fun I have Saturday night) And the whole weekend depends on if I can wiggle out of a Blue Angel's show with my grandson. My family has always gone until my kids got older and now that Charlie is here, I might need to start going again but that may wait another year. We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing all of you, new and old!

Signed,
    The Least Favorite of All
    Is your grandson named Charlie? If so, You may have just became Jim's favorite! As far as scenery goes, it's hard to beat the Quillan/Riddle/Parker area.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Waaaayne View Post
    Is your grandson named Charlie? If so, You may have just became Jim's favorite! As far as scenery goes, it's hard to beat the Quillan/Riddle/Parker area.
    Well dang! If I knew that was all it would take I would have told y'all that the first time around! And as usual, I have no idea of what you are talking about but yes, Charlie aka Char Char is my grandson. His birthday was yesterday. Ain't he cute!
    FB_IMG_1506951812567.jpg

Parker was fantastic but so was the spring hike and every other hike I've been on there with you guys. I'm actually wanting to do some more exploring around Eagle Creek now. There seems to be a lot of falls in a small area there, I'm just not sure I wouldn't get lost. How bad of an idea would it be to try it? I'm either doing that this next weekend or the Walls of Jericho. I hear that's a good hike and maybe a little better marked. And since Dothan doesn't offer an orienteering class (I guess you can't get lost if all you do is go in a big circle ) I am still not comfortable wandering around in the woods unsupervised.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post
    Well dang! If I knew that was all it would take I would have told y'all that the first time around! And as usual, I have no idea of what you are talking about but yes, Charlie aka Char Char is my grandson. His birthday was yesterday. Ain't he cute!
    FB_IMG_1506951812567.jpg

Parker was fantastic but so was the spring hike and every other hike I've been on there with you guys. I'm actually wanting to do some more exploring around Eagle Creek now. There seems to be a lot of falls in a small area there, I'm just not sure I wouldn't get lost. How bad of an idea would it be to try it? I'm either doing that this next weekend or the Walls of Jericho. I hear that's a good hike and maybe a little better marked. And since Dothan doesn't offer an orienteering class (I guess you can't get lost if all you do is go in a big circle ) I am still not comfortable wandering around in the woods unsupervised.
    The name Charlie is of recent significance, I'll let Jim fill you in on that. Walls of Jericho is better than the Eagle creek waterfalls, but it is MUCH more strenuous. If you do the Walls hike from the TN trailhead the elevation change is more gradual.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    Truth. It would more likely fly out of the open jeep on its own. Never intentional, just a fact of aerodynamics.
    Phone, dvds, wallet, chairs, hats, trash....... All things that get airborne at highway speeds.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast