Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images
    Having finished a longish day, just wanted to jot a few things down: to everyone who participated, Thanks For Being There.

For some of you, for whom more than a generic Thank You is well warranted, I will be leaving you P.M.s in the coming days!

As the last of our group to leave the trail...I want to remove any post-trip worries. No one was left behind and no stray gear was still on the trail.

More later.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksInDark View Post
    No one was left behind and no stray gear was still on the trail.
    I wonder how Stormcrow's did with his stuck right front brake? The wheel looked burned up!

Anybody know if he was able to drive away without any trouble?
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Smee, Bonnie (Smee's dog) and I arrived home in fine shape...What a great weekend .... Glad to share it with all...

FTW... I was feeding the Dog... that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

NCPatrick won the first of the grand prize catagory.... But the real story is Dutch... What a guy... He started the raffle trying to buy 5 tickets... No Change, since he was first, so Dutch largely just bought 6 tickets... The first six... The on the bottom six....When all was done and the raffle started... All six tickets won in the junior prize section...Then, with all the tickets back in the drawing, he won Stormcrows quilt gift certificate...

Next hang I'm taking Dutch and Patrick out for a brew some where they sell lottery tickets and I'm going to have them get me the winning ticket...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I wonder how Stormcrow's did with his stuck right front brake? The wheel looked burned up!

Anybody know if he was able to drive away without any trouble?

Thanks for the concerns, MacEntyre... This evening, Hollow Leg and Stormcrow are curled up in a cabin not far from the Wise Shelter. You are right, the bearings were about gone, and they made it to a mechanic who was just about to close up shop and leave when they appeared. Being Sunday, he couldn't get to a supplier for parts until tomorrow, so he put them up in a nearby cabin for the night. They are in good spirits, and really enjoyed the trip. Just waiting patiently and see what (and how MUCH!!!) tomorrow brings!

I really enjoyed the pics and video of everyone having such a good time. I hated to miss it, but it was a blessing in disguise, or I would have been stranded along with them....... and the babysitter and rest of our children at home waiting on us!
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I too had a great time and being my first Mt Rogers hang, this one may be hard to beat. Low temps, lots of snow and meeting everyone for the first time (other than Josh) was great! Always good to put a face with a name.

HUGE thanks to all that for helping two first-timers. Enjoyed the pot-luck and special thanks to Smee & AngrySparrow for suggesting the "Ultimate Brat" setup. That was quite tasty. Looking forward to trying out my new Whoopie Slings and Dutch Clips. Thanks to all vendors for the generosity !

On a secondary note, the gear mishap did not actually go without a hitch. I (DAGGUMIT !) accidentally left a set of trekking poles in the vicinity of the Country Store while we were waiting for departure. If someone picked those up I would certainly pay for the shipping to get those back and would be very grateful to whoever did pick them up.

Hope everyone returned hoome safely and it was GREAT to meet all that did come. Looking forward to meeting more new people and re-visiting with new friends.

Muskrat.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Low temp: 8*F
    High Temp: 24*F
    Snowfall: about 18"
    All went well. Must have been the Scotch!

Here's a video that gives you an idea of what it would be like to come across us from out in the snow.

Doctari and Rob cleared a huge amount of fallen timber from the trail before most people arrived. Here is video showing them taking empty pulks to the parking lot so they could get more gear and clear debris on the way back. Here is another. And another. Most people moved their cars out to the main road, but it turned out to be unnecessary, because they plowed all the way to the gravel parking lot. Here are two late arrivals before the snow.

About ten folks arrived on Thursday. A total of about 30 people made it. JJJ, WVHammockMaker, Stormcrow and HollowLeg arrived on Saturday in the snow.

Saturday the shelter began to look like any other Mt Rogers hang.

Wood was very hard to burn, even in wood stoves. Here is Stormcrow doing his usual careful job of making a fire. WVHammockMaker made a trip into the woods and brought back firewood using his Molly Mac Pack!

Here is 2Q romping in the snow using snowshoes!

The raffle went well. The Grand Prizes were "pick from what's on the back row", and NCPatrick won the first selection! He did well, again!

Dutch pulking out with 2Q's sled.

Four pulks leaving together.

Here is a link to my Phoitobucket pictures and videos.

- MacEntyre
    Great video's MAC!!Making me feel bad now that i didnt go,but hey if all goes well ill be coming thru there at the end of May/June,plus it would have been nice to meet alot of hanger and put a face with the names on HF.Glad all of you had a great time.I will for sure be there next yr.HS

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I too had a great time and being my first Mt Rogers hang, this one may be hard to beat. Low temps, lots of snow and meeting everyone for the first time (other than Josh) was great! Always good to put a face with a name.

HUGE thanks to all that for helping two first-timers. Enjoyed the pot-luck and special thanks to Smee & AngrySparrow for suggesting the "Ultimate Brat" setup. That was quite tasty. Looking forward to trying out my new Whoopie Slings and Dutch Clips. Thanks to all vendors for the generosity !

On a secondary note, the gear mishap did not actually go without a hitch. I (DAGGUMIT !) accidentally left a set of trekking poles in the vicinity of the Country Store while we were waiting for departure. If someone picked those up I would certainly pay for the shipping to get those back and would be very grateful to whoever did pick them up.

Hope everyone returned hoome safely and it was GREAT to meet all that did come. Looking forward to meeting more new people and re-visiting with new friends.

Muskrat.
    I got your poles and if you pm me I will gladly mail them back to you.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I was bummed that I had to miss this one, but got a LOT of needed stuff done for the big move. I am glad ya'll had fun and the snow didn't ruin the trip. About to go back and look through Mac's videos - I'll live vicariously through them

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey2006 View Post
    I can't begin to thank you guys enough for making me feel so welcomed this weekend, even though I'm not really one of you, but a (gasp!) ground dweller. The conversation and laughter and, of course, food, really made my weekend.

I'm processing a few photos now and will post them shortly.
    Hey Pokey2006 are you the one from WB?HS

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I got your poles and if you pm me I will gladly mail them back to you.
    THANKS DUTCH . . . PM sent
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast