Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Sweet score, HE! I'm keeping my eyes on the 3 Wally Worlds here in Lexington that still have fabric departments. Anytime I'm there, I always take a quick peek, at least. Ya just never know what you're going to find.
    3 WM in Lexington? I knew the Richmond Rd. WM still had a fabric dept., but what are the other 2. You don't have to tell me but I will find out anyways.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    3 WM in Lexington? I knew the Richmond Rd. WM still had a fabric dept., but what are the other 2. You don't have to tell me but I will find out anyways.
    The Super Wal-Marts at the corner of MOW and Nicholasville and Northside on New Circle both still have fabric departments. The new one at Hamburg doesn't have one, but does have a craft department with limited sewing necessities.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The Super Wal-Marts at the corner of MOW and Nicholasville and Northside on New Circle both still have fabric departments. The new one at Hamburg doesn't have one, but does have a craft department with limited sewing necessities.
    Thanks for the info, Hooch.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Last time I went to RRG, the Walmart at exit 94 (I think) on I-64 had their fabric dept still open.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Hooch.
    No sweat, my friend. Anytime.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

austin silnylon

if anyone in the austin texas area is interested, the fallapart in buda (thats south of austin on interstate 35) has a partial roll of gray silnylon in the dollar shelf. i hid it on the lowest shelf on the bottom of the stack.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    She was sooooooo slow it was painful to stand there and wait. Very nice, though.
    yeah, i think that same lady helped me several times. she was careful to get exactly 36" each time & she was in no hurry.
    she would always look around the store as she flop... flop... flopped the bolt of fabric each time. and some times she would have to stop & talk to another employee
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    yeah, i think her sister works here in fort collins, one time i told her she could just stuff it in a bag, she laughed, and slowly started folding. she said a store nearby, was keeping their dept, b/c enough people from that town called and complained. never found any nylon there there though.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    yeah, i think that same lady helped me several times. she was careful to get exactly 36" each time & she was in no hurry.
    she would always look around the store as she flop... flop... flopped the bolt of fabric each time. and some times she would have to stop & talk to another employee

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i guess as long as we can get the good stuff at that price, we'll just have to be patient<G>.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    I watched a show on walmart on the business channel once. They showed a group of fabric employees, asked them to hold up their thumbs, and said if everyone was off that much in the group on one cut it would be a few yards. It was a big group of people. They said some huge amount that it would come out per year, and said to be exact.

I guess it feeds into their business model of squeezing every penny out of everything.

One a side note I am finding a lot of taffeta in the $1 bins. Might be worth considering. I used the thicker stuff with mixed results. It's good test material if anything else.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast