Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

I have the military equivalent of the explorer ultralight that my parents purchased as a gift; I think they paid additional money to get the Canadian manufactured version. ($40?)

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    ed does part of the work at his shop & he has a lady in the same town that does a major portion of the sewing.
    he said it was part time work for the lady at first, but things have improved to the point that it's pretty much full time for her right now.
    but ed said that even with the increase in business this past year, he's still not ready to quit his day job
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    I guess this explains why you have to get into the HH from the bottom
    If you must choose between two evils, opt for the one you've never tried before

Tough Call

This is a very tough call, as I am in this situation as well. I am Cedar Tree, inventor of the Packa. In doing some research about overseas manufacturing of the Packa, I was quoted a price that was less than one third of what I pay now for US manufacture (Equinox). LESS THAN 1/3 OF MY CURRENT COST. Please don't construe this post as support for TH. Just ask Warbonnet about my feelings for TH.

Cedar Tree

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Tree View Post
    This is a very tough call, as I am in this situation as well. I am Cedar Tree, inventor of the Packa. In doing some research about overseas manufacturing of the Packa, I was quoted a price that was less than one third of what I pay now for US manufacture (Equinox). LESS THAN 1/3 OF MY CURRENT COST. Please don't construe this post as support for TH. Just ask Warbonnet about my feelings for TH.

Cedar Tree
    Welcome to the forums Cedar Tree. Glad to have you here.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome HC4U, I am a head banger, but not a hammock hanger. I just love that hard ground too much. However, I'll be happy to answer any questions about my product....www.thepacka.com.

As for Hammocks, one of the absolute best things about pursuing the Packa development, has been meeting and working with Ed Speer and the Jacks.
    Great, Great guys. And now Warbonnet has jumped in too, and he is an awesome guy as well. I guess I'm lucky I love the ground, so I don't have to choose which hammock to buy.

Regarding TH, don't ask Warbonnet. I can speak for myself. However, I have nothing nice to say.

CT

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Tree View Post
    Regarding TH, don't ask Warbonnet. I can speak for myself. However, I have nothing nice to say. CT

just wait the TH groupies will show up and give you heck

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    just wait the TH groupies will show up and give you heck
    Oh no! Not HECK, anything but that!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Oh no! Not HECK, anything but that!

I had another word but figured I would get a hammering

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11 Cat Cut
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    Hey guys,

I really wasn't trying to start an anti-HH thread. Not at all.
    I've inspected my hammock high and low and cannot find one detail that I believe I could have done better (or anyone for that matter). I thoroughly believe that TH has a great product and has invested a lot of time, energy, and experience into very specific niche of the outdoor industy. That in itself deserves much praise.
    Although I still wish to see things made in places other than China, Taiwan, etc... I do understand that it is a dog eat dog world, escpecially in the business industry. For this reason, one must accept that at some point in a companies growth the must face the decision of either: A- Finding a way to increase in house production and increase the price of their product in order to absorb the increase cost of manufacturing or, B- Keep the cost down and outsource the production process to a factory equipped to handle the demand, and in doing so, give the consumer a good product, in a timely fashion, without increased prices.

So having said all of that.

I'm gonna be hangin out all weekend in my Explorer Ultralight.

Now I'm looking at the snugfit... drool drool

Happy hangin
    Ryan

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast