Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    6x12 1.6oz Hyper D
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane 9x9
    Suspension
    Straps + Evenk
    Images
    I have a jungle blanket, and find it fine. It is however, nowhere near the weight you're requesting. 400 grams is ~14oz. The jungle blanket is somewhere on the order of 26oz (~700 grams).

If my math is right though, a DIY 2.5oz apex blanket would be in that weight range, depending on exact size and fabric used. I did the math for a 72in by 58in (2yd long, by the usable width of apex and most fabric), and .9oz/sq yd fabric. The total was 13.8oz (391oz). If you did a tapered blanket, you could shave off quite a bit. Same thing with some of the crazy light fabrics.

Good luck finding something you're interested in .

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I made a tq liner with 2yds of china silk. Cost me 20 bucks, packs to the size of a baseball, I don't know what it weighs but it's minimal. If I need something a bit warmer I pull out the CDT tq.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    I use a diy Synthetic TQ with a zippered/drawcord footbox. I made it with Argon 67 and Apex 2.5. I made it a little smaller than I would want for 3-season so it's 52" x 72". It only weighs 10.8oz and is comfortable down to 50 for me.

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    I'm probably going to go with this:

JRB Quilt Liner

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    My well-worn poncho liner is my hot-weather wrap. It's big enough that I can lay on/in it if I'm a bit sweaty so I don't get my hammock quite so grungy. For slightly cooler weather there's the Costco Down Throw TQ. Unfortunately, I don't know the weight on either.

At 60F, my idea is to try and go with a quilt that functions solely as a blanket, just to cover me from my neck down to my thighs.

Although I am about 188 centimeters tall and weigh over 106 kilograms, I feel that at that 60F temp I just need something to cover and warm me enough during the early morning (around 4am) chill.

I have not tested the theory, but have ordered a 60" length, standard width top quilt that meets your 400g criteria and only costs $100US.

Saver-Series-40-Serrano-Topquilt

PS: This will be used together with an underquilt
    Last edited by f1prb22; 10-03-2017 at 19:54.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    I am gonna have to add my pick of the Snugpak Jungle blanket. It has not zippers to get in the way and is usable for more than just hammocking or camping. The wife uses hers when watching TV or reading and there is a slight chill.

Last week Kammok had a 50% off sale on all insulation, so I took a flyer on a Firebelly Quilt for $150 down from the usual $300.

I tried it last night in the backyard and the temp range over the night was about 70 degrees in the evening and down to 56 degrees just before dawn.

FWIW, it is a very lightweight article and seems well made. I thought since it was forecast to be in the 60's for most of the night, it would be good for warm/hot weather. If anything it is warmer than I would have thought just based on it's weight, but it has some kind of reflective material which increases it's insulative properties, so it felt hotter to me than I would have originally thought it would be. You can unsnap the footbox to let it vent and just drape it over yourself, and that is what I did to get to a more comfortable temp. I think it is rated to 30 degrees and I'm sure it would work in cool temps.

I think it is a great quilt for a hundred and 50 bucks... but probably not worth the $300 normal price given what you can buy from other cottage manufacturers for that kind of dinero. It would be a good summer/Fla. quilt I think if you can get one on sale.

Oh yeah...editted to add, it is 650 grams so a little over your limit but still it is pretty light.
    Last edited by voodoochile; 10-05-2017 at 08:35.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Unless you are worried about cost, My 50* UGQ Flight Jacket weighs 10.35oz. I have yet to find something as versatile as this for Upper temperature /summer time hangs. It is more expensive than liners, but the down goodness for the weight is worth it, compared to the weight of Fleece. I now pretty much carry it year round and stack it in colder temperatures.
    "gbolt" on the Trail
    We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!
    YouTubeChannel. [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA]

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by AyeJay View Post
    I'm looking for ideas for a One-Season 60-degree summer blanket for hammocking. Needs to be lightweight and packable, somewhere under 400 grams. It'll be used in conjunction with bottom insulation. Preferably something on the budget side.
    No one's mentioned the Costco down throw?? Cheap as your going to get, and gets me to 50° pretty easily. My DIY converted TQ comes in at 408 grams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12