Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have bought and sold on HF. IMHO the 50 Posts to SELL cut out a lot of the not so honest people. If I want to buy, I go through the "Seller's" prior posts to get a feel for who they are, and if their cast-offs will work for me.

I think first come, first served is fair, frustrating sometimes but fair.

When I sell I want the thing gone P.D.Q. I think most people just want to make the sale and move forward.

I thought there was way to be notified if something is added to a Thread or Forum. I thought you could have notifications sent to your cellular phone or computer, if you were interested.

I vote for leave the system alone, it works okay plus too many rules makes for breaking the rules.

Just another thought. I have read several comments on how much time the monitor's spend policing the "For Sale Forum". Adding or changing the rules would require even more of a time commitment.

Hammock
    Dutch,SLD
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I was a lurker for several years before I joined hammock forums. I owned most of my gear before becoming a member and am very thankful for all the info to help me in my purchases. My guess is the new "guy" looking to buy has more time than money and has been on this site for a while. Hope they continue to "hang " around.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    +1 on IRONFISH45's whole post. Leave it alone.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide , WB Sock, BIASbuginato
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    BeetleB & K straps
    Buying used gear is always nerve racking to me. I have always seen the post count requirement as protecting the buyer. That is if someone takes the time to contribute and post 50+ times, they are an active member of the community. Thus ideally less likely to mess someone over when selling gear. You can easily review what they posted to help determine their character. If we are voting my vote-- leave it as is. If it is not broke, don't fix it...! If someone already said the same thing, I apologize. Did not read all 3pages of response.

Hammock
    Speers
    Tarp
    Speers
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Webs and Whoopies
    Images
    Please leave it as is. I don't feel the need to post a lot, since I'm just learning. While I haven't bought any FS items yet, I've bought plenty of recommended gear from the Forum's cottage vendors.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    DIY 11.5' w/doors
    Insulation
    Locolibre ,UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/webbing
    I too think it is fine just as is. I vote to leave it the way it is.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I have bought and sold on HF. IMHO the 50 Posts to SELL cut out a lot of the not so honest people. If I want to buy, I go through the "Seller's" prior posts to get a feel for who they are, and if their cast-offs will work for me.

I think first come, first served is fair, frustrating sometimes but fair.

When I sell I want the thing gone P.D.Q. I think most people just want to make the sale and move forward.

I thought there was way to be notified if something is added to a Thread or Forum. I thought you could have notifications sent to your cellular phone or computer, if you were interested.

I vote for leave the system alone, it works okay plus too many rules makes for breaking the rules.

Just another thought. I have read several comments on how much time the monitor's spend policing the "For Sale Forum". Adding or changing the rules would require even more of a time commitment.
    Solid Points in this thread. Lots of action on this topic. Sounds like the hive wants it left the way it is and I am cool with that too. I was just curious what the consensus would be. Ill just have to try and be quicker on the "ill take it" trigger! I also totally understand that from a sellers perspective limiting the buyer pool to members with 20-50 posts would not be ideal. I get it and you are all right, it probably should remain the same as it is now.

I never thought about setting up notifications on the for sale forum and that is a great idea. I went and subscribed to the forum and it looks like you can get notifications daily by email but I dont think that is REAL time. I am guessing its an end of the day type notification. Bummer that its not real time...that would be ideal.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Since it appears the OP has their answer and the consensus is to "don't fix what is not broken", I will close this thread.

Thank you to everyone! You folks stayed on topic, gave great feedback, and excellent reasons behind your thoughts.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123