Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Quick Clark suspension question.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a Clark NX 250 for my upcoming winter Adirondacks trip. I have one question. Can the stock Clark suspension rope be easily replaced with straps? I can't find any closeup pics of how the rope is attached to the hammock. I'd rather not tie the straps to the rope but directly to the hammock. I currently own a Claytor Jungle which has channels.

The weather shield, increased size and the new tent pole spreaders really has me sold on the 250.

Miguel

Hammock
    Clark n150
    Tarp
    el cheepo
    Insulation
    figuring it out
    Suspension
    ropes/drip rings
    Images
    I like mine very much. The ropes and drip ring that comes with it are easy to use but I switched to a whoopie sling and still use their tree huggers. The whoopie slings are easier to adjust but a little harder than just using the stock suspension. The stock suspensio can be super simple to use if you run it around the tree and back through the drip ring and then tie a few half hitches. Then you dont have anything else to worry about.

Its really roomy inside. The weather guard has been great in cold weather. I get noticeably colder when i open it. Sometimes i leave it open at my face but low right on top of my topquilt and i think it keeps more heat in even.

Also at mount rogers i had a lot of condensation on my tarp undersurface due to the cold weather (it almost snowed inside the tarp) but the weather guard kept my topquilt dry.

I got the 150 and I am 5' 10". If I did it over I would get the larger 250 i think but it still is plenty roomy. No problems sleeping on my side either.

The pockets have been no use to me yet. Maybe in summer.

enjoy!

cooldays

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks for the reply. I also just read that Clark is offering straps as an alternative and that you can buy the hammock without their tarp.

Anyone know how much you save by not buying their tarp? The tarp from my Claytor JH would be more that enough....although the cat cut silnylon would be pretty sweet. Does the Clark tarp provide plenty of coverage?

Miguel

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Suspension
    Custom
    You can do it on their site. You save like 55 bucks. The RX-250 tarp that goes with the NX-250 hammock is 20 inches bigger than the RX-200 at the head end but tapers down to 76 inches. So its 96 inches by the head, 76 inches by the feet and I think 126 inches in length (not positive about the length).

I ordered my NX-250 today with the straps and it was 435 including shipping (ridiculous price but I feel it will suit me best). Now if you get it without the tarp it will be around 378 including shipping and straps.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    The Clark suspension ropes are a breeze to replace with straps. the rope goes thru a channel sewn in the end of the hammock. Tape your strap to the end of the rope and pull the rope out and the strap through. Make sure you have a loop sewn in each end of the strap before doing this. One end of the loop goes thru the other and cinch it down. Done.

• + New Posts