Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Payment sent by Paypal today Opie, thanks again!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Opie, I just shot the payment your way. I apologize for taking so long to get it out to you. Thank you very much!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I just ordered the red.

They didnt have all 3 spools on hand, so it, like the rest of the line, may take awhile to get here.

I ordered 1 each of the 1.75 and 2.2 grey and it took about 2 weeks to get to me.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB 11'x10' Spinn
    Insulation
    HSSniv MtWash3
    Suspension
    webbing Dutch clip
    To make life easiest for you and to make sure you aren't charged extra PaypPal fees, which Send Money options should we specify:

Purchase or Personal?

If Purchase, which option? Goods or Services

If Personal, which option? Gift, Payment owed, Cash Advance, Living expense, Other

To avoid PayPal's credit card fees, I usually transfer money from my bank account to PayPal, then Send Money via PayPal. Or did you build in credit card fees in the price?
    ..Mike the Weed Warrior bio // Think globally, act locally: Remove an invasive plant

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VegaMike View Post
    To make life easiest for you and to make sure you aren't charged extra PaypPal fees, which Send Money options should we specify:

Purchase or Personal?

If Purchase, which option? Goods or Services

If Personal, which option? Gift, Payment owed, Cash Advance, Living expense, Other

To avoid PayPal's credit card fees, I usually transfer money from my bank account to PayPal, then Send Money via PayPal. Or did you build in credit card fees in the price?
    Purchase and goods. The reason I have it done this way is so I can buy and print the shipping labels right here in my cozy den. Otherwise its time spent inline at the PO while each individual package gets postage.

The 2.9% + $.30 and $.19 fees are built into the listed prices. The $.19 is the shipping confirmation charge.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB 11'x10' Spinn
    Insulation
    HSSniv MtWash3
    Suspension
    webbing Dutch clip

Thumbs up

opie, thanks for the clarification and for doing all this work. Payment sent.

Now give me a star.
    ..Mike the Weed Warrior bio // Think globally, act locally: Remove an invasive plant

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Oops...sorry. I did it differently...ops:
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Oops...sorry. I did it differently...ops:
    Dont feel bad, its OK. 1 or 10 out of the bunch isnt an issue. But if all the participators did it.... Well.... Yeah... That would be painful.

Just so we are all on the same page... All the line has been ordered.

Now, the Army motto.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    OK... I'm stepping up on my soapbox for a minute....

It takes a tremendous effort to pull of one of these group buys. The time involved in sourcing a good price, collecting monies and paying for the materials. Then the time it takes to divvy up all the goods. I think in the last group buy it took me 3 days to divvy up and ship 12,000' of rope. I thought that was pretty good.

This one... Almost all the payments came in less than 2 days. Some members wanted to cut me a check and promptly got ahold of me to ask if that was OK. A couple others got ahold of me and said they would pay in a bit because of certain circumstances in their lives. Thats fine...

And heres my rub..... Last nite I sent out a PM to the remaining members that haven't paid yet. All but 2 of them promptly sent payment. Those two members have logged on, or are logged on, today. No reply to the PM and still no payment.

Its not about the money. If it was I wouldn't have placed the order until all the payments were in. Its the principle..... Just drop me a note letting me know you have SOME inclination to follow through. Reply to the reminder PM. Even if that note says you are no longer interested... I'm cool with that. I can use the line.

Perhaps I'm being hasty? But I find it unacceptable that someone can log on here after a reminder PM has been sent and not only not reply to it, not send payment, yet carry on conversation in various threads.

And again.. its not about the money.

There.. Im down.

I love doing this kind of thing. I have the ability to get it done and its a small token I get to give back to the board for the Admin basically letting the cottage gear makers use the board as a marketplace. Most Forum owners would require someone like me to pay for a sponsorship.

Also.. I got to thinking about this today.... I don't want this, the buy, the logistics etc, to overshadow what Gargoyle is doing. That also takes a tremendous amount of time and commitment. He should be commended for the sacrifice hes taking in his personal life to help those who need it. Everyone that's donated to his effort, Thank You.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    OK... I'm stepping up on my soapbox for a minute....

It takes a tremendous effort to pull of one of these group buys. The time involved in sourcing a good price, collecting monies and paying for the materials. Then the time it takes to divvy up all the goods. I think in the last group buy it took me 3 days to divvy up and ship 12,000' of rope. I thought that was pretty good.
    If you're willing to put out the time and effort to provide such a service to the Hammock community, as far as I'm concerned, you can get on your soap box anytime.

I don't think your post was intended to fish for compliments, but I for one, want to pass on my appreciation to you.

Thanks again for what you are doing!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast