Warbonnet Blackbird, DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Rooftop hammock stand

Well, this is certainly different. I'm not sure what to make of it honestly!

A car-top hammock stand for one or two people called "Trail Nest."
    https://www.trailnest.com/?variant=39341428556

What do you guys think?

Some of my initial thoughts are it could be windy up there. Also, securing a tarp sure would be interesting. It looks like they sell a tarp to go with it that anchors all the way to the ground.

It's an interesting concept for sure!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Looks good to me but looks like it will only fit the stubby little Eno's. The wind may feel really good depending on the time of year.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Looks good to me but looks like it will only fit the stubby little Eno's. The wind may feel really good depending on the time of year.
    Ya, it said it's for hammocks up to 10' so it's not very wide.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Looks pretty neat, but like slug said, with a 111" RL length it'll mostly only fit smaller " mass produced " style hammocks.... Unless you have the 10' WBBB which makes up for it's short length with the footbox and a flat lay. Maybe they will eventually add an extension kit for longer hammocks. Its still a neat design though and even with a 10' er and their rain fly could be pretty cool to at least try I think.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    It did laugh when I saw the " can I use it while the car is moving " question though lol. Because if they didn't put that on there, you know someone would try it, get hurt, and then try to blame it on them lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    It did laugh when I saw the " can I use it while the car is moving " question though lol. Because if they didn't put that on there, you know someone would try it, get hurt, and then try to blame it on them lol.
    I know, right? :P

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I imagine it would be quite difficult getting up on the roof and back down without some damage & assistance.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Trying to cash in on the RTT fad.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Hung-Low View Post
    I imagine it would be quite difficult getting up on the roof and back down without some damage & assistance.
    Looks like they offer a foldable ladder as part of the complete system or on its own. But yeah, not having something like that could def cause issues with possible damage to your car if you try the " bumper ,hood, roof " route or even injury if you open a door , stand on the car seat and try to pull yourself up. Both ways can def be done with no problems but you know someone is gonna damage their hood or get halfway up the side in the middle of the night or when its wet from rain or dew, fall , and then try to blame it on the company , just like the " can I use it while the car is moving " question lol. Its sad that disclaimers like that have to be put on EVERYTHING now a days....... I remember (I'm 36 so just old enough to have been born at the end of an era lol) getting a chemistry set , pocket knife and wood carving - soldering iron type thing when I was a kid and don't remember any disclaimers or "legalese" on the packaging, but now a days grown ADULTS & most but def not all "millennials" can't do anything w/o getting hurt or damaging something and then blaming the product it seems lol. Man how times have changed!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Looks like they offer a foldable ladder as part of the complete system or on its own. But yeah, not having something like that could def cause issues with possible damage to your car if you try the " bumper ,hood, roof " route or even injury if you open a door , stand on the car seat and try to pull yourself up. Both ways can def be done with no problems but you know someone is gonna damage their hood or get halfway up the side in the middle of the night or when its wet from rain or dew, fall , and then try to blame it on the company , just like the " can I use it while the car is moving " question lol. Its sad that disclaimers like that have to be put on EVERYTHING now a days....... I remember (I'm 36 so just old enough to have been born at the end of an era lol) getting a chemistry set , pocket knife and wood carving - soldering iron type thing when I was a kid and don't remember any disclaimers or "legalese" on the packaging, but now a days grown ADULTS & most but def not all "millennials" can't do anything w/o getting hurt or damaging something and then blaming the product it seems lol. Man how times have changed!
    Lawyers.....as more and more people became lawyers they had to "invent" lawsuits make a living. That's why we have warnings like "Coffee is hot."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast