Thread: 30 days inside

Hammock
    Hennessy Jungle Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Asym
    Suspension
    strap/biner

30 days inside

So I ordered Vivere Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand from Amazon to test the waters for full time sleeping. I was a bit nervous because it's a short hang. However, being a short guy (5'6") it is actually pretty nice.

It was delivered on Aug 24 and since then I have slept in it daily except for two days I went back to the bed. Those days were in the first week and a half. I have completely gotten off my sleeping medication and have gone from stiff back to a slightly used back. Unexpectedly I also went from 8-10 hours of sleep to 4-6 hours. With the reduced hours I feel so much more rested. Instead of dreading to wake up, I spring out of "bed".

There is a calf ridge but that was expected with the space saving short hang. Also I have slight knee pain but that was off and on before the hammock because of my line of work.

Overall I am extremely pleased and never slept better.

With that being said before the end of the year I plan on getting a longer stand. Depending how the Vivere hammock hangs I may also replace it with a different hammock. For that I'm leaning to a Dutch Netless or something for The Bearded Hanger.

This is the perfect size pillow that I stole from my wife.

cat pillow.jpg
    Last edited by goomba; 09-26-2017 at 23:02.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    Glad to see you are reaping the benefits of full time hanging!

A longer hang will help if you can lower the head end of your hammock. I have found going to 8-10" lower on the head end gets ride of 90% of the calf ridge for me.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I bought the same stand. I wish I had known about ridgeline lengths back then. This stand only works for short hammocks. I wonder if there is a way to add a secondary pole to extend the length of the side poles and raise the anchor point higher off the ground.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Asym
    Suspension
    strap/biner
    I have thought about cutting the bottom pipe and making an extension. However, my wife wants a hammock to put outside for occasional use. This one will go outside when I update my setup.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    If have the space for a 14' stand you may want to consider switching to a bridge hammock for your indoor sleeping. No calf ridge and it's easy to get comfortable in any position. I've been sleeping in my Mackinac Bridge w/ a 12'6" stand (my bridge is shorter than those commercially available) for the last 3 years and love it. When I have a trip planned I switch to the gathered-end hammock I'll be bringing a few nights before the trip so there is no "adjustment" night.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Asym
    Suspension
    strap/biner
    So I upgraded my stand to the Ceara from Byer of Maine. I was torn between it and Tato stand. Asked my wife to look at the two and decide which one she wanted in the bedroom. Thus the Ceara was ordered and it arrived today. If you are considering this stand, it feels rock solid. Unless something completely unexpected happens this should last for years to come.

The reason I am using a stand is because we are renting and they don't want large holes in the wall. I am still using the hammock that came with the Vivere stand. It is just a nice feeling hammock against my skin. I will report back after sleeping in it later today.

• + New Posts