Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Glad I don't have too much use for camo stuff. What's been reported in this thread would surely ruffle my feathers. The sad part, when I was working with VISA at the Credit Union, one of their reps told me that they believed only a small percentage (less than 30%) of valid disputes are actually submitted. The number climbs as the dollar amount increases, but the vast majority of online purchases are less than $100. Which according to that representative, is the area they say many 'disputes' go unfiled. Sounds like this may actually be a business plan for DIY.

Don't try to get in touch with "Handy Hammock" either. All you'll get is an email stating they are busy at festivals and will reply in a few "daze". That was about 16 'daze' ago and a couple of emails. Gotta tell ya, online vendors are a mix of blessings and curses. The later being more common of late.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Hey everyone,

I'm glad that those with actual negative experiences have reported them. It's good to share that kind of info with each other, so that we can all be aware.

Let's try to refrain from just bashing them, though, without citing specific example. We need to be fair in the criticism.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BMBH/CNA/HH/drYad/BB/RRwSd
    Tarp
    Kelty/MacCat/SupFy
    Insulation
    JRB for BMBH
    Suspension
    WS/Straps
    Images
    Amen brother, good or bad , the feedback is much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John
    I spent most of my money on beer and women and hammocks.
    The rest I just wasted.

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    Aus. army hootchie
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Images
    Bummer. I dealt with DIY last year and although their email comms was shoddy, I got the goods in good time.

Thanks for letting us know about it. I hope it was just a couple of bad months rather than a new business system for them.

Hi Everybody! I placed an order with DIY Tactical Store in September of 2009 and I still have not received my merchandise. They have only responded to me twice since October 2009 with a one-line e-mail, and now their phone number is out of service so I can't even call and leave a message. I did not pay with PayPal, so I need to get my money back through other methods.

Since several of you have purchased from this store recently, can you please post any of their addresses and phone numbers that were printed on your shipping label or packing slip, or contained within your order confirmation e-mails? Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you all very much!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    If you paid with a credit card, I would contact your card holder immediately. They should be able to refund your money and charge DIY's merchant account.
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I'm glad to see that you gave them plenty of chances to resolve the issue before starting this thread. Usually these things are an honest mistake by vendors who are very apologetic, and we are often too hasty to use a public forum to resolve such issues.

I remember a statistic from business that states if a customer is happy they might tell up to three friends about their experience. But, if they are unhappy, they are likely to tell at least thirteen people about their experience. This thread was read 764 times when I wrote this. They should have resolved it quickly when you gave them the chance!

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    I actually sent DIY tactical a link to this forum on feb 3, I guess they did not read it or decided their methods were OK
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MM60 View Post
    Hi Everybody! I placed an order with DIY Tactical Store in September of 2009 and I still have not received my merchandise. They have only responded to me twice since October 2009 with a one-line e-mail, and now their phone number is out of service so I can't even call and leave a message. I did not pay with PayPal, so I need to get my money back through other methods.

Since several of you have purchased from this store recently, can you please post any of their addresses and phone numbers that were printed on your shipping label or packing slip, or contained within your order confirmation e-mails? Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you all very much!
    I believe the number where I got a google-voice answering machine was (401) 383-4851, it was in the "order received" email.

Definitely contest the payment through your credit card company. There's a fuse on how long you can wait before filing the complaint, I think you see everything you need to know here to get on it ASAP.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Please e-mail your story to the RI Attorney General

I already called my credit card company - which is Wachovia since it's a Visa check card, and they said that their limit for disputes is 60 days. This has been over five months now, and they cannot do anything about it.

I am looking into hiring a lawyer. I would be interested to know how many other people have paid DIY Tactical and never received anything, or had some sort of other difficulty with the company. So far, Mike Rinaldi (the owner) has refused to respond to both the Better Business Bureau and the Rhode Island Attorney General. It looks like filing a lawsuit may be necessary.

If you would be interested in being added as a claimant to such a lawsuit, or if you would simply like to create your own record of DIY Tactical's unethical business methods, please e-mail the Rhode Island Attorney General's office at:
    [email protected]
    Maria A. Pagliaro
    Investigator
    Consumer Protection Unit
    (401) 274-4400 Extension 2228
    fax (401) 222-5110
    Please include all of your contact information and a detailed description of exactly what happened.

As we can all see in this forum, Mike Rinaldi has no intention of running an honest business. He will continue to take people's money without delivering their goods unless we put an end to it. Please e-mail the RI Attorney General ASAP!
    Last edited by MM60; 02-12-2010 at 17:20.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast