DIY (various)
    Tarp
    DIY 5x10 pseudocat
    Insulation
    GI+
    Suspension
    UCR custom
    Images
    RipoffReport.com looks like it might be useful in warning others, though it won't help current victims. Nothing there about DIY Tactical, at the moment...
    - Frawg

{generic tagline}

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I used Pissed Consumer once when I was having problems with a hammock company a year or so ago. Don't know if it was just coincidence, but I got a call from the company about 3 hours after I posted my rant.
    Trust nobody!

Glad you eventually got that item Grizz.Not good the amount of frustration and wasted time enquiring into it all and waiting for responses its not nice..No matter how busy they may have been a short email to you would have helped a lot.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just checked out their site out of curiosity, looks like about 90% of the site is out of stock. Seems strange.
    Life is Tough~Life is Tougher if You're Stupid-John Wayne

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UCMWINGS View Post
    Just checked out their site out of curiosity, looks like about 90% of the site is out of stock. Seems strange.
    It's been like that for over a year.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Based on this thread I've removed DIY from my list of suppliers.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LLG-Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    About three months ago, I ordered some stuff from them....then three days later I stumbled across this thread. Luckily, they actually shipped my items, not in a timely manner like Paul from Arrowhead, but they did ship it. I was relieved that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of pestering for a refund or to actually get them to ship my stuff, but after reading everyone's negative experiences, I definitely will not tempt fate twice.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Just got my order from DIY Tactical in the mail today. It took about two weeks. Had no problems. If I had read this thread before I had placed an order, I probably would have hesitated. But no problems thankfully.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    1" Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I've purchased fabric two or three times from DIY Tactical, principally their 1.1 oz MARPAT camo ripstop. So when I exhausted my supply, on Dec. 2 I put in an order for 20 yards. I used paypal.

Per usual I got an automated email response saying the order had been received and was in processing. Per usual it said I would get an email when it had been shipped.

Two weeks went by and I began to wonder what was going on. But I then had a business trip that distracted me, I came home to Christmas in full swing, after Christmas I was busy with my sons shooting a video, and come early January I realized it had been a month since I'd placed the order, and no package, no response.

So I dropped a query to the email address given for questions about orders in my solitary communication with them. I gave it several days, no response, I tried calling. Google voice redirected me to a recording taker. As before I identified myself, the order number, the items ordered. Left a contact phone number. Several more days, nothing. Tried email again, several more days, nothing.

I knew paypal has some kind of mechanism for reclaiming $$ for items not delivered, and so I started down that path. What I learned was that I first file a "dispute" with paypal, explaining the situation. What paypal does is notify the vendor that a dispute has been filed, and encourages the vendor to work it out with the buyer. Paypal provides the email exchange between vendor and buyer. So I awaited a response from DIY Tactical.

I gave DIY Tactical one full week, and there was no response through any channel. So the next step in the paypal process is to escalate the dispute to a "claim", which is the point where some human at paypal eventually gets involved in looking at the correspondence (or lack of it!) to assess the claim. I escalated the dispute to a claim.

Shortly thereafter I got an email from paypal copying a message from the vendor. It was a USPS tracking number. "Huh?" sez I, "maybe that package got lost. Wonder when happens then.." So I went to USPS package tracking and entered the number, and saw the state was that the vendor had alerted USPS that the vendor would in the future be providing a package for delivery associated with this tracking number. The date given for when this notification was forwarded was half-way between when I filed the dispute and when I escalated it to a claim. It was a response to the dispute notification, but the vendor provided no communication to me or paypal.

Five days passed, nothing. Six days passed, nothing. I resolved I would wait out one full week and then see if there was a mechanism to record with paypal that despite the tracking number, nothing had come, or seemingly was going to come.

The full week went by. I had one last look at the tracking site, and (at last) saw that several hours before USPS had taken receipt of the package and it was on its way.

All of this with not a word from the vendor to me.

The package did come. You better believe I checked that all the yardage I'd ordered was present. It was. You better believe that that was the last order I'll be placing with DIY Tactical. Had it not been the leverage of working through paypal this might still be dragging on.

I only went to them for the camo, my other fabric I get from Speers, OWF, questoutfitters, rockywoods. Camo is so last week anyway…..

Caveat emptor

IF you payed via your credit card through paypal, you can file a chargeback, and get your money no questions asked. Just sayin'.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234