Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks so much for your feedback everyone! I will keep stormcrow in the loop about everyone's opinion on the matter. We definitely want to listen to everyone and address what our customers prefer.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisnakh View Post
    Thanks so much for your feedback everyone! I will keep stormcrow in the loop about everyone's opinion on the matter. We definitely want to listen to everyone and address what our customers prefer.
    Just make it an option when you buy, like snaps/sewn foot box. That way if people want them and don't mind the small weight penalty, they can pay for them. No reason why other consumers need to pay for the factored in costs for the rings. I'm sure there are few who will complain that what was once "free" would be a charge, but they seem to forget such things are factored into the cost.
    Anyway....it's not like this small detail is going to stop me from buying another quilt....I need a warmer one

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If it's no longer a standard option, will they remain an optional customization? If they're still available upon request and it's just something you have to order rather than standard equipment, I see no problem with it. Frankly, I don't have a use for the rings on mine. Good to know they're there, but nothing I'd be sorely missing if I went without. That's the beauty of (and why I buy from) cottage vendors: You get exactly what you want within reason.

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
    They weigh nothing, they are unobtrusive yet they provide a functionality that many other vendors don't provide. It is these small details that make Hammock gear quilts superior to many others. Just like the suspension on their under quilts...brilliant! small details count...

FWIW, I use them most often when I use my Helinox cot with a quilt on top. I put my Neos pad in the footbox and then I run the HG ground bungies under the cot in the lower section...I keep the upper section open to wrap around my shoulders.

I don't think you fix something that is not broken...Like I said I ordered a Burrow a few weeks ago and the d rings and the older version plastic rings are one of the reasons I chose HG over another vendor...just saying...
    It looks like they are leaving the gross grain loops so from what I read there is no loss in functionality. The D ring is there to restrain a cord something the gross grain loop can do.

They also weigh something for people taking their quilts on long distance hikes. Personally I make and will continue to make gear changes to save grams. My 50F burrow has 6 1/2" D rings which weigh 0.5 grams a piece per hammock gears site so thats 3 grams gone. I may cut mine off and resew the loops.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    Yeti, Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Keep the D Rings on, nice option for the occasional ground use. Also, provides professional finish for a top end quilt manufacture.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Ive had them omitted from from both my Burrows since I don't use a pad. But since they will continue to leave the loops on it can still easily be used with a pad, not much of a loss other than in weight IMHO. Maybe offer it as an option still like others have mentioned, but if most people don't use them and they end up cutting them off or not getting them like me, then why not leave them off? The loops are still there right?
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    I like having the rings on the Burrows that I own. But, I'd be just as happy without them. It wouldn't influence my decision to buy another one. They're just not that important to me.

Hammock
    Still testing
    Tarp
    Various 12 ft
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Buckles
    The quilt I got this week had the loops but not the D rings. Not a big deal for me, but was kind of surprising not to see them when I was inspecting it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Good decision.

Leave the loops take the d-rings.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12