Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Quick question for those who were just there. We are going to go early in the spring. Which of the six group sites should we book early for three of us? Or does it really matter as all six have tons of hang spots for us to hang together?

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    A-E are all lined up together.
    F is across the parking lot kind of on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great first MAHHA experience

I really had a great time and look forward to the next one. Thanks to all the organizers and participants for a well-run, fun, and relaxing weekend. Here are a few of the pics I took from the weekend.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    I really had a great time and look forward to the next one. Thanks to all the organizers and participants for a well-run, fun, and relaxing weekend. Here are a few of the pics I took from the weekend.....
    Hey, that's me in the background of the Chameleon on the hammock stand...circling my prey.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    Always a great time! Arrived on Thursday and it was a misty rain for 2 days straight, but still had a nice relaxing time.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Just back from PA late yesterday. Attended MAHHA and spent our vacation time bopping around Michaux Forrest.

It was certainly relaxing to hang out with folks and chit chat about nuthin' in particular. Jellyfish and her breads...thank you once again. I think she should change her moniker to "Energizer".

Kudos to Tim from 2QzQ for the Caldera Cone demo!

We were the happy recipients of one of several "Super Storage Solution" sets donated by Jared of Simply Light Designs. This set contains a zippered gear storage hammock, Silnylon bear bag, first aid pouch, zippered peak bag, ridgeline gear pouch (fully open at the top!) and a zippered pouch that could also be used on the ridgeline. Just the right stuff to go along with the Taj, our 12x14 SLD Winter Haven. Thank you Jared, very much appreciated!

2017-10-20 13.57.24.jpg

After MAHHA, we went down the road to Caledonia State Park. It rained again that night. After a late start we hiked north on the AT to Quarry Gap shelter. This has to be the Ginger Bread House of shelters. WOW! It was spotless, had potted flowers, a swinging bench, a roll-down wind breaker, a first class privy, and a tin roof over the spare table. The only thing that was missing was fire wood and maid service! According to my phone, temps hit 31*. We were glad we decided to carry our LLG 20* quilt sets with us! While we were out back setting up, a couple of thru's arrived. They had been NOBO's but had decided to skip PA so they could complete New England before Katahdin closed for the season. Now they were doing PA SOBO and only had about 20 miles to go. I recall them saying they had a couple other shorter sections to complete in VA and elsewhere, but fully expected to finish the AT within their one year. Spent quite a bit of time chatting with John and Paula, really nice folks. I think they only had CDT's with them though...brrrrr. In the a.m. my other half wasn't feeling so hot (on her birthday no less) so we turned around and went back to Caledonia. Showers were a nice and welcomed amenity. Oh yeah, 33* Tues night.

For Wed night we came back to Pine Grove and stayed at the family camp ground. 34*. First thing in the morning we witnessed a guy with a fifth wheel trailer traveling through the narrow campground - with the awning still deployed. Needless to say the first encounter with an immovable object (large tree) brought about expected results. Ripped the whole thing with hardware right out of the side. They were not happy campers after that.

We figured we'd go south on the AT for an hour or so before heading home. All week we noticed an awful lot of yellow jackets buzzing around everywhere we went. Right about Tom's Run and Sunset Rocks Anita got stung in the neck, but thankfully she's not allergic, unlike me. We only took our ultralight day pack and I had left the epipen in the larger pack, so we decided to return via Michaux Road rather than turn around. We did run across an old barn that had fallen, photos are posted at the site showing the decay over a number of years. Right across the street is the site of a WWII interrogation camp. We pretty much did a triangle so the road walk back was quite a bit longer than the trail, not very exciting either. Our planned 2 hour walk in the woods took about 3-1/2 hours instead.

On the way home there are two stops we consider mandatory. 1. Cabela's. 2. Dietrich's Meats (I78 exit 40). Cabela's just because...why not? Well, I did get a new pair of Crocs. Dietrich's because we called ahead and reserved one of their beloved coconut custard pies. As long as we were there we also snagged a mini apple dumpling pie, big jar of Hungarian paprika and a handful of the best beef jerky I've ever had - definitely on a whole other level than the regurgitated garbage found at store counters everywhere. I usually bring home a whole chunk of buffalo lebanon baloney, but passed this time around. Oh yeah, they only accept cash.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Had a great time at my first MAHHA. The raffle is a ton of fun, and I don’t mind not winning anything considering what it pays for- dinner, the sites, and a lot of overall excitement. It was great meeting a bunch of folks, especially some DIYers. I was seriously impressed by a robic 1.2 hammock and want to make my own now!

One thing I had a tough time grasping was how to describe the event to my friends- a hammock fest? Hammock hang? Nevertheless, it was awesome hanging out with like-minded hobbyists in that beautiful state park.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by DanversPort View Post
    Had a great time at my first MAHHA. The raffle is a ton of fun, and I don’t mind not winning anything considering what it pays for- dinner, the sites, and a lot of overall excitement. It was great meeting a bunch of folks, especially some DIYers. I was seriously impressed by a robic 1.2 hammock and want to make my own now!

One thing I had a tough time grasping was how to describe the event to my friends- a hammock fest? Hammock hang? Nevertheless, it was awesome hanging out with like-minded hobbyists in that beautiful state park.

I totally get odd reactions when I tell people we went to a group hammock hang!! They just don't get it.

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post

It was certainly relaxing to hang out with folks and chit chat about nuthin' in particular.
    It is always fun for me to camp with the Squidmarks!

Quote Originally Posted by DanversPort View Post

I just call it a Camping Club hahahaha
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    When is the group photo going to be available?
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123