Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
    Morning all,

I am curious. How does one purchase this? I went to the website. I found the " Tensa Solo " model but I can find the Tensa4 model?

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20/-20Wooki, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Morning all,

I am curious. How does one purchase this? I went to the website. I found the " Tensa Solo " model but I can find the Tensa4 model?

Thank you in advance.

Bob
    Here: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/product...order-deposit/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Thanks Curly.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Tensa4 on a steep slope and with bridge hammock.
    Slope looks like my buttocks is touching the ground but it is not. It is just the ground angle and camera placement.
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner...Takes some fiddling. Had to wrap buckle where the V on the suspension meets the strap around the Tensa4 ends.
    Shug

Shug's Swag.... teespring.com/stores/shugs-swag-shop

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

My YouTube Videos

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    Is it just me or does the Tensa Taco failure mode just scream potential product liability issue. I would not begin to assume that this condition would be acceptable in a commercial product. I am glad to hear that the second tie down was added. Will that eliminate this failure mode?

I just envision a 3 or 4 year-old sitting in the hammock and having their head caught between that snapping pole like a mouse trap. I think Shug's video illustrates the this very well. The known failure mode is fast, quick and potentially deadly.
    There are a number of contraptions in our lives that carry a degree of risk when using them, yet we accept the risk as a society (even the lawyers). Even though I get in and out of cars almost every day, I have been walloped by my own door when parked on a hill in a heavy wind. That was my fault and not the product's inherent liability. I've been whacked by screen doors in a windy gale too many times, but I sure do like screen doors most of the time. People quickly figure out how to mitigate risk and employ reasonable safety measures since we've learned that we can't sue accidents out of existence or eliminate all possible failure modes. We typically supervise children near bodies of water and when crossing streets. The same reasonable diligence is applied to hammocks and stands with the understanding that nothing in life is completely guaranteed.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensahedron Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    People quickly figure out how to mitigate risk and employ reasonable safety measures since we've learned that we can't sue accidents out of existence or eliminate all possible failure modes.
    Indeed. Not to quibble, but failure modes are a thing in engineering and maybe even law. Absolutely everything has failure modes. They shouldn't represent some great unknown, but are a place for engineering to consider too. Everything fails, but what are the consequences of failure? How can things be made to fail in a minimally harmful manner? It's important to work it out instead of just hope things won't ever fail.

To this hour, I hope people get comfy with the taco. It's a pretty graceful failure mode among all possibilities. If the alternative is locking down both head and foot end and then never paying attention to balance, treating the stand like a jungle gym, there are more potential points of failure. If both guylines are tensioned hard, the load on the poles goes up, cutting into the safety margin. Should we then adjust the max weight rating downward? How much? How many pounds of tension are on the line? Who will measure? If you rely on the head anchor to hold as much as the foot, now you have 2 anchors to make sure you trust instead of 1. Is that really safer? This is why we put shock cord in the head tether, and call it a tether instead of a guyline: deliberately light duty.

Other thing some people get nervous about are the lines, and wear. Yes they should be inspected for wear. The way we did it, you pretty much are forced to inspect the lines at the wear points every time you set up the stand. Semi-permanent/rigid end connectors would not only weigh more, giving more momentum to taco scenario, they might give a false sense of security about their condition, less frequent inspection.

Another thing about the connectors is they are deliberately loose. When you close up the connectors like a hinge, the pinch potential is greatly minimized by the loose floppiness of the joints. More like chopsticks, less like nutcracker or scissors.
    Last edited by Latherdome; Today at 11:13.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4 tensahedron hammock stand, and the Tensa Solo ultralight flavor too.
    http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    When you close up the connectors like a hinge, the pinch potential is greatly minimized by the loose floppiness of the joints. More like chopsticks, less like nutcracker or scissors.
    this is a good point too

I made an initial attempt using actual hinges

it's not a good choice

• + New Posts
  • Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192