HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Michele,

That's a great idea. You would have to make sure the grommet is large enough for the bite valve to pass through.

Another method you could use would be to have overlapping folds of fabric, like the way a pack's hydration port is made.

Everytime I go hiking...I have these crazy invention ideas pop into my head. This was one, and I also thought about some type of removable boot sole that could be clipped on/off the bottom of trail runners, so when hiking in rocky areas (PA for instance) you could have more support and foot protection from sharp edges/rocks, but then remove them when not needed, and still have the blister-forgiving/quick drying fit of a trailrunner. I thought you could have them attach like the Step-In Snowboarding Bindings (see pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is my signature.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There's a snowshoe setup that has a lightweight hiking boot, an overboot, and a snowshoe. They all clip together as a set. I forget the name, but it might give you some ideas if you search for it.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Using a nalgene inside the hammock never occurred to me; seems like it's more complicated and more stuff to deal with than I'd care for.
    I use a little water bottle of the sort you sometimes get on airplanes or the like, 8-oz plastic. Tie cord around the neck with a loop, insert a micro-biner, hang it along with everything else hanging on the ridgeline, slide up and back (possibly using a foot) when thirsty. Same solution could work for a pee-bottle for those that use one. Just don't get them confused in the middle of the night.

I kept the HH mesh thing; the smaller of the two pockets is useless/annoying for many things, but I always end up stuffing something in, typically a small headlamp. Most things I want to hang are easy --- thermometer sometimes, watch, clothes to dry out, limited extra clothes from the loop at the head-end.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234