Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Thank you ( Jazilla attempts bow but falls on face) I will be signing autographs a little later

Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    with all the stuff you are hanging from this line won't that cause sagging problems. How much weight can you hang before you start to have problems?
    no, the line won't sag from little things hung on it... your weight in the hammock keeps it tight. not sure what the 'breaking point', but i've not found it yet...

i have a small, 1/4 oz biner in the loop over my head, but seldom use it. sometimes i will bring my food bag inside, and that's a good place to hang it from-out of the way.

at the foot end, i use a small biner too, but have put it on a short leash... i took a foot-long piece of 550/para cord and tied it to the loop in the foot end of the ridgeline. then i made another loop in the end of it, and clipped the biner to it AND the ridgeline. now, when i sit up in the hammock, the biner is about a foot closer to me, and i don't have to stretch so far to the foot end to reach it.

you can tie your boots together by the laces, hang them over the ridgeline, and out through the slit if they're muddy, inside if they're clean enough. the foot-end biner keeps them in place.

i have another small biner inside, freely roaming, onto which i clip a thermometer and a Photon light. the thermometer comes off and goes somewhere handy during the day, back on the biner at night. same with my biner-watch... it hangs off my pack strap during the day, then i flip the head and it hangs off the ridgeline at night. Photon just stays there, sort of like a dome light...

finally, i sewed a piece of silnylon into the hammock body on the right side (as you're laying in it on your back), just even with the mosquito netting vertically, and about even with my bicep horizontally. if i could do it over again (and i might someday), i'd sew it a little more toward the foot end, maybe down nearer to my elbow... it's big enough to hold a paperback book and a 32oz water bottle.

i can also hang my pack (golite gust) inside, at the foot end, clipped to the foot-end biner so it doesn't slide onto me, without undue weight stress on the ridgeline.

it's crowded inside at night, but it beats the alternatives...

seeker, you are hanging things inside of your hammock?? I thought the ridgeline ran on the outside of the hammock and that is what the tarp draps over

depends on the tarp hanger - for example Super Troll uses a ridge line for his tarp but I don't. However the ridge line under discussion here is the ridge line that sets the sag in the HH or other hammock - that ridge line is what holds up the bug netting and other stuff

I didn't realize you have to have a ridgeline to hold the netting up. I just thought you had something at each end to hold it up, not something that runs the full length

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
    depends on the tarp hanger - for example Super Troll uses a ridge line for his tarp but I don't. However the ridge line under discussion here is the ridge line that sets the sag in the HH or other hammock - that ridge line is what holds up the bug netting and other stuff
    Who is this Super Troll person? I know your not referring to me because I don't do this.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I didn't realize you have to have a ridgeline to hold the netting up. I just thought you had something at each end to hold it up, not something that runs the full length
    You don't have to have a ridgeline to hold up the netting. Different hammocks that us netting do it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Who is this Super Troll person? I know your not referring to me because I don't do this.

He is a guy that posts on WB and www.thebackpacker.com

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    You don't have to have a ridgeline to hold up the netting. Different hammocks that us netting do it differently.
    If you have one that holds the netting up then you don't have one for the tarp or do you? Would that be to close to the tarp and allow condensation

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    If you have one that holds the netting up then you don't have one for the tarp or do you? Would that be to close to the tarp and allow condensation
    Well my HH uses a tarp and it does not have a ridgeline to support the tarp. I just tie my tarp kitty corner to the tree or the hammocks tarp hooks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast