Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Just to further confusticate this thread...
    In a completely uncontrolled on-site experiment just now:
    A loaded tote box weighing 111grams on my cheapo hook scale [that I use to get my loadout weight] oddly enough weighs at 91grams if suspended at the center of a 6' line from a doorknob at one end and the hook scale at the other.
    The angle did not seem to affect that at all.

So, it would appear that there is some spreading of the total load, but not 50%.... hmmm....??
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    A loaded tote box weighing 111grams on my cheapo hook scale [that I use to get my loadout weight] oddly enough weighs at 91grams if suspended at the center of a 6' line from a doorknob at one end and the hook scale at the other.
    The angle did not seem to affect that at all.
    With the application of a little trigonometry (that I can't bother myself to do because I need to get up to go to work), I'll bet somebody could tell you exactly what that angle was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Homemade channel end
    Tarp
    Homade Hex Xenon s
    Suspension
    Rings + webbing
    Just to sum this up, The Beatle Buckles themselves will hold past 300lbs. How much past is unknown. I can say they held up perfect over 350lbs with no damage what so ever to the BB's. I'm sure Dutch knows what weight they are good to, but probably wont say for liability reasons. Cant blame him there. I've only hung on them twice(2 whole nights) so who knows if they would continue holding. My guess is yes.

I will say the webbing on the other hand, at least if your hefty hanger needs to be upgraded. Most people are using Dyneema/Polypro Tree Straps - https://dutchwaregear.com/dyneema-po...ee-straps.html with them. Dutch has advised using Tree Straps - 3000 Pound - https://dutchwaregear.com/tree-straps-3000.html if your quite a bit over 300lbs. At this point, I'm gonna take his word for it and put the BB's away till I get some better webbing. Now what to do with the 200' of polyester webbing sitting in a box downstairs?

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I do believe the glossy areas you see are just from compression, which you'll get regardless of webbing. Compression isn't necessarily damage. Fraying or slippage would be concerns. I have 3000lb webbing I use indoors with plain SS cinch buckles. That webbing also exhibits glossy areas, and I'm only 150 or so. Of course this is used nightly and not so often readjusted so...

Hammock
    HH Expl UL, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Beetles n straps
    I doubt that you will ever see a bent BB. Titanium is stronger than steel however it's limiting factor is that it is brittle. I would guess that they would break before bending. I think one should be more concerned with the wear on a CL or whoopie that the tight turns and corners produce.
    I'm using the Dyneema blend straps and in my experience once a load has been applied I find the straps become stuck and a bit harder to get moving in the BB however once going they then seem to adjust fine. I think this is a result of the strap kind of taking a "set" around the BB. And they too will show a glossy spot. Just my 2ct.

If it's the same in America as here in the UK. The rule of thumb is each buckle will be rated for 300lbs but they usually say on lifting equipment it's rated to a minimum of 1.5x the load before you will see signs of failure.

Having a pair of BB I have a pair of dyneema blended straps and I'm just under the weight limit with no problems and wouldn't see 350lb being a problem with them but would defiantly get a better strap. I've never come across any form of lifting/suspension equipment that didn't stiffen up once it's been put under load and it's quite common for braided straps to gloss up due to the flexing/rubbing that occurs when under load and unless there's fraying etc then it's nothing to be worried about.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123