Thread: Noob question

Noob question

I'm looking for a 20* topquilt. I'd like one a little wider than 48". I am looking to purchase the WBBBXLC and the Wooki UQ. The Mamba is nice but really expensive IMO. Looking to save a few bucks without sacrificing quality if possible. I see that EE has the Revelation TQ that would fit the bill. Can I get some feedback on it from you experienced hangers?

zig-zag_man

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    The cottage vendors here on HF all have quality equipmen, even in the cheaper product lines. EE makes top notch gear. I was in the same dilemma. No wrong decision here, but check out wilderness logics budget wi tee top quilts, the king size would fit the bill around $150. Great offerings from UGQ, Jack R Better, Loco Libre, HG, and Arrowhead as well.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by zig-zag_man View Post
    I'm looking for a 20* topquilt. I'd like one a little wider than 48". I am looking to purchase the WBBBXLC and the Wooki UQ. The Mamba is nice but really expensive IMO. Looking to save a few bucks without sacrificing quality if possible. I see that EE has the Revelation TQ that would fit the bill. Can I get some feedback on it from you experienced hangers?

zig-zag_man
    I recently picked up an EE Revelation 20* as my first true top quilt. I’ve spent only a couple of nights in it in the mid 50’s, so I haven’t had it out in the cold yet. Honestly I was planning on going with a smaller vendor, but this one was a special edition that I was willing to splurge on.

The quality of the Revelation is top notch, but I agree that most any of the cottage vendors on here have strong followings and you can’t go wrong: Hammock Gear, Underground Quilts, Loco Libre, and others that I’m sure will be mentioned and I just forgot.

Good luck on your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    The cottage vendors here on HF all have quality equipmen, even in the cheaper product lines. EE makes top notch gear. I was in the same dilemma. No wrong decision here, but check out wilderness logics budget wi tee top quilts, the king size would fit the bill around $150. Great offerings from UGQ, Jack R Better, Loco Libre, HG, and Arrowhead as well.
    I checked out the Wilderness Logic website and can get the Bud Winter King for $168.00. That's just a little more than half the cost of the Mamba. I wonder how they do that. And I wonder how it stacks up on the quality end? Can anybody recommend this TQ?

zzm

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    While it's not top quilts this video has excellent points about the differences in manufacturing of 4 popular under quilts. It may help decide on a company.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKGR...P75hZy&index=6

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    While it's not top quilts this video has excellent points about the differences in manufacturing of 4 popular under quilts. It may help decide on a company.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKGR...P75hZy&index=6
    Thanks. Good stuff. I am going to go with the Wooki since it is designed specifically for the Blackbird. It doesn't require a lot of setup - if any at all. Shug gave it a strong thumbs up.

zzm

Quote Originally Posted by zig-zag_man View Post

zig-zag_man

Check out Loco Libre Gear. They are having a sale right now. George's 20* Operator Series Ghost Pepper (<hint, hint) offers higher fill power for less money, compared to an equally sized EE Rev. It also comes with his famous Chevron baffle design. A top quality product for sure.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps &amp; Buckles
    Images
    Wilderness Logics makes top notch gear! I have 2 of their Quilts and love them!

• + New Posts