Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images

3/4 UQ 17 oz.

Made from 4 summer windshield sun reflectors, the springy wire fold up kind, which are down proof, and very light weight ( $9 each OUCH!)
    48"x 30" x 4" loft. 16.7 oz.
    Not baffled
    Attaches to hammock with elastic loops down each side of hammock, loops on quilt, which are in sewn channels about every 6" width of the quilt
    Elastic is all the way through from side to side, and exits through button hole stich for plastic hooks
    Plastic hooks on end of each elastic attach to loops on side of hammock
    Elastic is slightly "gathered" inside each channel across quilt width to provide tension and assure a very snug fit, yet provide flex to hammock occupant
    A small piece of Velcro is mated to a corresponding piece on the reinforcement area of the hammock body at middle/bottom (Hennessy)

So far I have used this to 32 deg. but think it would go lower, will repost about this. The loft of this coupled with the thermal reflectivity and fact that it attaches and seals excellently, while have plenty of give, yet it compress plenty for backpacking, as well as being moisture resistsant, works well for me. I don't need a large UQ. Although not baffled, the texture of the fabric holds down insulation well.

Now I know one objection is moisture build up from condensation, but I have not had condensation yet.
    The other objection is stitching directly to a hammock body. The hammock loops have adequate spacing to allow for stretch, and are sewn on the gross grain edge of the hammock, not the hammock body itself.
    This metallic fabric is not really available, I have found a couple of big 10'x10' discarded fold up sun shade canopee covers which make great light weight tarps. (VERY light weight) Hope you know who picks up on this potential!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by psyculman; 11-14-2017 at 05:17.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Nice job!

Interesting that you used the windshield sun reflectors as you material. Would love to see some pics of it attached to your HH hammock.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    Nice job!

Interesting that you used the windshield sun reflectors as you material. Would love to see some pics of it attached to your HH hammock.
    Will do next time I go out!
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

That's actually a pretty neat idea!

• + New Posts