Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

Hennessy customer support...?

Thank you--I'll try that if I can get someone in the phone. I emailed them yesterday through the website and haven't received a response... and still no call back after leaving that voicemail a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brommeland View Post
    I am a Hennessy dealer. My recommendation is to call Hennessy and ask for James. I'm confident that he'll get things resolved for you.
    I got someone on the line today--it was Kelty, the woman I spoke with originally. I asked for James, but she said she could help me with my question... SO, I explained that I'd called 5-6 weeks ago, requested replacements, etc., and she said that they would send more replacements, this time with a tracking number, which is a lot more expensive. This was reiterated. But at least we'll know if & when it leaves customs.

She explained that shipping from Canada to the US is difficult and that, often, packages are lost. I've personally sold auto parts & little stuff across our northern border, and have never experienced a lot of trouble beyond additional fees. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect some percentage of shipments just to go missing. But... whatever, I'm hoping this will resolve what should be a really simple fix. Admittedly, I don't NEED a stuff sack and the end caps are mostly cosmetic. But I wasn't counting on four phone calls, unanswered emails, and six weeks of wait time.

That new BBXLC is looking really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL zip + 2
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ "et al"
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles etc
    I have interacted with HH on several occasions both by email and on phone with several folks there with no issues. Perhaps off day / moment for lady you were speaking with ...?

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I got a response to my email today, closing out my phone conversation.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JacksRBetr 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB 20deg set
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    My experience with them has been the same, and yeah the BBXLC looks better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    I got someone on the line today--it was Kelty, the woman I spoke with originally. I asked for James, but she said she could help me with my question... SO, I explained that I'd called 5-6 weeks ago, requested replacements, etc., and she said that they would send more replacements, this time with a tracking number, which is a lot more expensive. This was reiterated. But at least we'll know if & when it leaves customs.

She explained that shipping from Canada to the US is difficult and that, often, packages are lost. I've personally sold auto parts & little stuff across our northern border, and have never experienced a lot of trouble beyond additional fees. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect some percentage of shipments just to go missing. But... whatever, I'm hoping this will resolve what should be a really simple fix. Admittedly, I don't NEED a stuff sack and the end caps are mostly cosmetic. But I wasn't counting on four phone calls, unanswered emails, and six weeks of wait time.

That new BBXLC is looking really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Asym
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    I had an excellent experience with HH customer support. After ordering my hammock all the notification emails went to my spam without me realizing. It was getting close to a hike I was doing, so I asked them to cancel the order and I planned to buy at my local MEC. I was pretty short in my emails as I was not happy with the delay. They were very friendly getting back to me and asked me to check my spam (noob mistake by me). Hammock showed up the same day! 10/10 customer service in the experience.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    They must be using a urethane coated nylon for water proofness. It breaks down over time. I have had that happened my tents and backpacks that have a coating. My HH tarps are U coated and I have had them since 07. And they still are good with no breakdown. Got my set ups after meeting Tom at scout world jambo. He is the one that got me started with my hammock addictions!!! Sorry to hear about your woes. Hope they resolve them. Heard most of the time they correct problems very quickly.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I eventually resolved the issue with a couple replacement pieces that HH sent me. After the first couple of phone calls, I was promised two end caps and a stuff sack. A few weeks later, when they hadn't arrived, I called again and asked what was going on. They said they'd ship out another set. I got that set; the first never arrived.

My Explorer is relegated to storage/eventual use by my young son, or to the next owner if I can ever get an ad together. A BBXLC has replaced the Explorer in my gear set.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Glad to hear they finally fixed you up!!

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL zip + 2
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ "et al"
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles etc
    I have recently dealt with both Keltie and Tom. Both have been gracious and accommodating on issues I had brought to their attention (June/July 2018) in relation to a recent defective hammock which they replaced. I utilized both email and phone without difficulty initially with Keltie and received a call from Tom as well. I own two Hennesay hammocks , one I love (Deep Jungle XL zip) and the new one getting used to (Ultralite Explorer Classic).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12