Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I like the responses so far, and like the thread...ill play....

I am just now finishing 3 standard gathered end hammocks as Christmas gifts for a college friend and her 2 kids...
    I just finished a TQ last month for a close buddy
    I just started an UQ for that same buddy, and will do a second, both UQ's for his 2 children, who all go backpacking/camping with my family/kids.
    I just traded my wooki copy to someone for a top secret hammock related amazing thing....more on that later when not top secret....that is to say Ill be remaking that same UQ with perhaps a couple mods.
    I will be re-doing my wife's UQ, which still works, but I plan on making it better on this go round.
    I want to do a zero degree TQ for myself...I have not bought those materials in total yet...I have enough down I think to do it on hand, but not decided on fabric and some details.
    I need to either buy another tarp or make another one (made a winter tarp last year and love it)...im one tarp short in our 4 person family now, all do some camping now. I may splurge and just buy the tarp, not sure...
    I have been wanting to make a particularly large DIY tarp for kayak camping....im still mulling on that...I have this vision of something super compressible...like my silpoly from dutch I got (Xenon sil) and making just a taller and a bit wider hammock shelter when kayak camping...

I am also fiddling around right now with different adhesives and hoping to find an extremely easy way to just glue on a Costco Down throw to a hammock as a very cheap and effective winter hammock option.

DIY crack yall...lots of wheels turning...its fun.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    SLD - Trail Lair, 90 degree Gamma
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Anything Down
    Suspension
    Good stiff rope
    Images
    My project is to get more education on knifes, axes, and bushcraft skills. I'm also learning how to take my camp cooking to another level. For me, I want to elevate the experience I have while in camp. It might sound counterintuitive to some, but I want to make it more about the destination and less about the journey.
    Check out our Youtube page for some fun hammock videos https://www.youtube.com/c/LloydLiving

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    I completed a DIY binge last winter which included 2 GE hammocks with bugnets. With the leftover material I built matching stuff sacks for all of my gear and ridgeline organizers, tent peg bags and... well the list goes on. This year I will make a pole bag for Ridge Runner poles, and 2 more for internal and external pole mods. Otherwise I think my needs are met (GASP!) and I don't know what else to make.

Hammock
    Chameleon, SLD, Hennessey, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Planning a DIY
    Insulation
    OneTigris UQ
    Suspension
    Multiple
    I'm gonna be making a TQ that'll be big enough to cove 2 in a hammock. I'm sure others will come up but that's it for now. I have a mental plan but luckily my wife is good with a sewing machine so.ill be enlisting her help in the project too.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jms53 View Post
    For some winter is the time of maximum outings as it is easier to warm up in cold weather than it is to cool off in the warmer months.

For others it is the time to prepare the gear for next year. For those who are in the 2nd group, what are your projects?

For me:
    - MYOG Mac Gear Hammock
    - Snap closure top quilt
    - Small self insulating (sewn in apex climashield) hammock for a mates kid.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
    Got a huge list to do in the next couple of weeks. Lots of quilts and hammocks

Do you have a guide to the MYOG Mac Gear Hammock I’d be interested in adding one of those to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post

Do you have a guide to the MYOG Mac Gear Hammock I’d be interested in adding one of those to my list.
    There is a thread on the forums on how to do it. Mac responded quite a bit to help out but essentially:

Cut rectangle
    Sew channels on 3 sides
    Add suspension
    Add ridgeline on 3rd channel
    Shorten ridgeline as much as possible

If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    We camp all year long but I do get some extra time from other summer activities like the yard work.
    My list includes:
    A couple of pack brains
    A couple tarps for the kids
    Accessories for a Chameleon I just ordered
    A bridge hammock (Ariel style)
    2 quilts
    Down booties
    A wool anorak
    A gathered end hammock for my daughter
    New tree straps for my son
    I would like to try a DIY Cuben tarp but may have to settle for a few stuff sacks.

A long list and much will depend on how much time I can seek away to the fabric welding den. That and if I can get the rest of the materials I need. That Cuben stuff is expensive.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    GT Skeeter Beeter
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Insulation
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by MoldyFrog View Post
    - - Make a second better backpack with a light internal frame
    Please put some pics up of this, I would like to do the same, but haven't found a pattern I like yet.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    We camp all year long but I do get some extra time from other summer activities like the yard work.
    My list includes:
    A couple of pack brains
    A couple tarps for the kids
    Accessories for a Chameleon I just ordered
    A bridge hammock (Ariel style)
    2 quilts
    Down booties
    A wool anorak
    A gathered end hammock for my daughter
    New tree straps for my son
    I would like to try a DIY Cuben tarp but may have to settle for a few stuff sacks.

A long list and much will depend on how much time I can seek away to the fabric welding den. That and if I can get the rest of the materials I need. That Cuben stuff is expensive.
    I like the pack brain idea. Pack-specific pattern? Do you have pics of some that you already made?

If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post

It's the black bag in there (I made that one fairly big).

Mac was very active on the thread when I was working on mine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast