Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed BF
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    EMS Siesta Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Straps
    I think I'll have a go at a Costco UQ. Just have to pick one of the many ideas others have done on this DIY forum.

Hammock
    Mayan, WarbonnetRR XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Suspension
    Whoopee! Hitchcock
    I am in the middle of a large writing project, it's going exceptionally well...and because I don't drink or do drugs I desperately needed a way to interfere with that, so I bought a sewing machine. I also bought it because my Eno Jungle Messed is driving me nuts and needs to get fixed.... I was going to 'fix' the Eno--foot boxes, but then I realized that wasn't possible because of the zipper. Which if I messed with would just make it a scratch project where I have to first take apart a hammock... So I bought fixin's to make one from scratch. I decided that an attached bug net isn't even a good idea..... but then I had these thoughts:
    1. What if I did my diagonal lay, zipped up the net, marked where the ridge line hits the net (I've got an external and an internal ridge line) then, cut along this line, add more bug net. What I expect is that the two sides of the net will shift side to side (skewed? transverse like the San Andreas Fault). The replacement panel would probably look like a rounded parallelogram. I'd also add netting to raise it higher. Then I'd attach the ridge line about a foot above the ends.... (If you know exactly what I'm talking about...please let me know what I'll eventually find out.)
    [I can just imagine what I'll be told: Will, hang that Eno from metal poles, put $200 cash inside of it. Next, bang your head on one of the metal poles for two days. Then set fire to the Eno with the $200 in it. Make a large regular hammock, and a bug net that slips over the whole deal. This method will save you a lot of time, money and be significantly less painful.]

Quote Originally Posted by WillUpnDown View Post
    I am in the middle of a large writing project, it's going exceptionally well...and because I don't drink or do drugs I desperately needed a way to interfere with that, so I bought a sewing machine. I also bought it because my Eno Jungle Messed is driving me nuts and needs to get fixed.... I was going to 'fix' the Eno--foot boxes, but then I realized that wasn't possible because of the zipper. Which if I messed with would just make it a scratch project where I have to first take apart a hammock... So I bought fixin's to make one from scratch. I decided that an attached bug net isn't even a good idea..... but then I had these thoughts:
    1. What if I did my diagonal lay, zipped up the net, marked where the ridge line hits the net (I've got an external and an internal ridge line) then, cut along this line, add more bug net. What I expect is that the two sides of the net will shift side to side (skewed? transverse like the San Andreas Fault). The replacement panel would probably look like a rounded parallelogram. I'd also add netting to raise it higher. Then I'd attach the ridge line about a foot above the ends.... (If you know exactly what I'm talking about...please let me know what I'll eventually find out.)
    [I can just imagine what I'll be told: Will, hang that Eno from metal poles, put $200 cash inside of it. Next, bang your head on one of the metal poles for two days. Then set fire to the Eno with the $200 in it. Make a large regular hammock, and a bug net that slips over the whole deal. This method will save you a lot of time, money and be significantly less painful.]
    No beautiful product came without its number of failed prototypes. Good luck on your project.

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    Well I got 2 more down throws and 5 Yard of robic 1.6 XL. So I will me making another gathered end longer and wider than my current hang. Continuous loops for the ends, a UCR ridgeline, Bishop bag, ridgeline gear hammock. Using the additional throws to add to my current DIY TQ and UQ. I've got a bit of bugnet cut to the shape I desire for a Fronkey net I will add grosgrain to allow cinching the ends and shock cord to keep it in place.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WillUpnDown View Post
    1. What if I did my diagonal lay, zipped up the net, marked where the ridge line hits the net (I've got an external and an internal ridge line) then, cut along this line, add more bug net. What I expect is that the two sides of the net will shift side to side (skewed? transverse like the San Andreas Fault). The replacement panel would probably look like a rounded parallelogram....
    Yes, that is what you will have!

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by jms53 View Post
    I like the pack brain idea. Pack-specific pattern? Do you have pics of some that you already made?

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
    The brain I made is mostly a variation of the Z-Pack's multi-pouch. I have used it on my Arch Haul and Ohm.
    I will post a thread with my version in the next week or so.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    The brain I made is mostly a variation of the Z-Pack's multi-pouch. I have used it on my Arch Haul and Ohm.
    I will post a thread with my version in the next week or so.
    I would very much like that. I have been eyeing some new packs (deuter quantum) and they have a detachable pack that can be hung on the front. I would much rather have a brain up front and have some light stuff in the detachable one.

If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

For some winter is the time of maximum outings as it is easier to warm up in cold weather than it is to cool off in the warmer months.

For others it is the time to prepare the gear for next year. For those who are in the 2nd group, what are your projects?

For me:
    - MYOG Mac Gear Hammock
    - Snap closure top quilt
    - Small self insulating (sewn in apex climashield) hammock for a mates kid.

Have made a few Costco quilts. I have a summer one where I left all the seams in, cut a couple of rows in width and added it to the length. Then just sewed in channels, added shock cord and it's a nice full length underquilt good to mid 50s at 20 oz or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Geech08 View Post
    Have made a few Costco quilts. I have a summer one where I left all the seams in, cut a couple of rows in width and added it to the length. Then just sewed in channels, added shock cord and it's a nice full length underquilt good to mid 50s at 20 oz or so.
    You got a picture of this beauty? Looks really interesting creation.

If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

8052A98C-F87D-48B4-98C4-223F120DC0C5.jpg8052A98C-F87D-48B4-98C4-223F120DC0C5.jpg
    You got a picture of this beauty? Looks really interesting creation.

Here you go. First attempt at attaching a picture so let’s see if it works.

Very simple and basic underquilt. It retains the sewn through seams that come with the stock quilt thus only good for the high 50s

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast