Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ???
    Insulation
    ???

Down featherbeds?

Tried using the search function and didn't come up with any results.

While registering for wedding gifts on saturday, I happened upon some down featherbeds that seemed to be reasonably priced. Has anyone tried using one of these as an underquilt? Any success?

There are some obvious problems with them, like the cotton or cotton blend outer layer and baffles, as well as the cotton blend thread that usually holds something like this together. I also think that compression might be a bit of a problem, and that weight would be a bit high.

Thoughts?

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Ogee
    Insulation
    Jerry Chair
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I did a quick search and the lightest I saw was 7lbs for a twin size.... that's a lot of weight.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Mabey you can just register with the vendors here on HF ...that would probally be easier...now thats an ideah HF wedding registery...mod's???, I wonder if my GF would ever go for it, she might kill me for just suggesting it although she really likes the look of the JRB MT. Wash 4. I would imagine that a feather bed would be very heavy to use as an underquilt. You would also have to sew cinch channels vertical and length wise to prevent air gaps. It may work for a TQ when car camping. Id also wonder what type down they use for it and the compresibility of it. Probally does not pack down very small.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ???
    Insulation
    ???
    Youch!

Didn't realize that it would be 7 lbs. I guess that explains why I haven't seen in mentioned.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    feathers do not fluff (or compress!)as much as down; probably why they go in the "bed" designed bag and not the 'comforter' designed bag.
    KM

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Mabey you can just register with the vendors here on HF ...that would probally be easier...now thats an ideah HF wedding registery...mod's???, I wonder if my GF would ever go for it, she might kill me for just suggesting it although she really likes the look of the JRB MT. Wash 4.
    Heck, we had REI as one of the wedding registries for our wedding... got quite a few things! Wish this site and all the current vendors/offerings were available back then!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Yeah when its that time for me im gonna inquire how to register for the cottage industries on this site. Their are lots more hammocks, quilts, tarps and fun gagets that I would love to get as presents. My friends registered at campmore but I would like to get more creative then that
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts