Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Of course! Wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. Extra pieces are the tarp extension segment, suspension pin, a foot, extra guylines, and extra anchors. The only part that is stand specific is the tarp extension, the rest you can get anywhere. Might make the Tensa2 (aka CarCamp tele) foot stand specific also. But one thing at a time....
    Can you explain the suspension pin? And the foot, why would you need another foot when i assume each of the tensa4 poles already have foots?

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Of course! Wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. Extra pieces are the tarp extension segment, suspension pin, a foot, extra guylines, and extra anchors. The only part that is stand specific is the tarp extension, the rest you can get anywhere. Might make the Tensa2 (aka CarCamp tele) foot stand specific also. But one thing at a time....
    Is there a way to attach a tarp to the stand as it comes, or do I need to also buy tarp extensions or extra poles to hold the tarp, like your picture shows?
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    Can you explain the suspension pin? And the foot, why would you need another foot when i assume each of the tensa4 poles already have foots?
    The pin is so the hammock and guylines don't slide down the single pole in Tensa2 configuration. The extra foot is to keep the weight down. The Tensa2 optimally uses only 4/7 of a Tensa4 strut. If you use the whole strut then it has a foot already, but there is a tendency to extend the pole too long for the strength.

Weight capacity of a pole drops off exponentially. You are becoming a product tester if you extend the poles longer than we have tested.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Throkda View Post
    Is there a way to attach a tarp to the stand as it comes, or do I need to also buy tarp extensions or extra poles to hold the tarp, like your picture shows?
    You are mixing up the Tensa2 and Tensa4

The Tensa4 is a semi-self supporting stand that uses 4 long telescoping struts. I do not use, nor do I like (I've tested this), tarp extensions on the Tensa4. Running my tarp over the ends of the Tensa4 works great. To better stabilize my tarp I have 'pockets' for the poles 6 inches in from each end on my 12' tarp. These were for my NoGround poles, but they work great for the Tensa4 also. They are not required however.

The Tensa2 is a 2 strong guyline/anchor per pole single hammock support that is also telescoping. It is made from the same poles as the Tensa4 struts, just a sub-set of them. The hammock support height is set at 58", which is great for gathered end hammocks up to 11.5" in length with an 18" sit height. Most of my customers wanted a tarp height above this, so I developed a 9-10" extension rated only for tarp loads. The pin on the Tensa2 gives a good shelf for the hammock and guylines at 58" and the tarp extension extends above that for the tarp. The system is not designed, nor tested, for the hammock to be supported on the tarp portion. It has been done, but is a failure waiting to happen. NOTE: it takes TWO Tensa2s to support one hammock, or ONE and a tree.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    For what it’s worth, an 11’ tarp works great with Tensa4 with no accessories required, the apex spread being about 11’ naturally. Jared at Simply Light Designs made me an 11’ extra wide Winter Haven with single pole mode that works perfectly.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    We have started shipping the first pre-orders (now orders) early. Below is the actual product being shipped. AND a large Orange Screw as the anchor. I left it out of the picture accidentally.
    20180323_110306.jpg

These are all handcrafted so production is currently limited. We are actively working on ways of increasing production - but right now the 'factory' is my dining table and shed. Everyone who has paid a pre-order should get their stand(s) before the end of May (probably much earlier). There are still a few May slots left, then estimated shipping will move to Jun.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Are you sending out email confirmations of the pre-orders? I have’t gotten anything to acknowledge receipt of my order so I am wondering if it got consumed by the internet or not.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    Are you sending out email confirmations of the pre-orders? I have’t gotten anything to acknowledge receipt of my order so I am wondering if it got consumed by the internet or not.
    Fixed that. Thank you.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Fixed that. Thank you.
    Groovy. Thank you.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    So exciting!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 182 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast