Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Convert!!!

New Convert!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Jared ( Cranky Bear ) 33yrs old live in Maryland and I am a new convert!!! I have been camping pretty much all my life and I have NEVER got a good nights sleep on the ground so I got meself a Hammock, its a HH Hyperlite that I got from the Odds and Ends sale (if thats what you call it) I have had it for about 2-3months got it with the super small tarp that it comes with but that was change a week after I got it and now I have the 30D hex and man that thing is huge!!! I have changed the suspension over to a ring buckle n webbing from strapworks. I was lurking around hammockforums.net for a while and its like a disease I got sucked up and I'm LOVIN IT. I have a Golite Ultra 20 TQ that I had to send back to them cause it felt like a couple chambers had little to no down in them so we shall see what I get back from them. I currently have no UQ I do have a GG thinlight pad (the wide one) and have yet to cut it down to the needed size (whatever that may be) I might have a UQ made by my girlfriends mother but thats another story, I am looking at buying one from stormcrow and have sent him a message so will see how that turns out! (not a hole lot of funds left). Currently I work for a Fire Department as a Paramedic/Firefighter and myself and one of the guys on my shift are section hiking the AT we have already done the MD/WVA section and we are going back out in April to start the VA section, with some GREAT nights sleep ahead. Thank you all for the passing of the disease known as "Hanger syndrome".

Cranky Bear

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    You should come to the MAHHA spring hang and meet some of the other crazies! Regardless welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

JINX IAFTE ! ! !
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

I will def try to make it, our AT section hike is the end of April so that might be doable? I would need to check with my better half (if you know what I mean).

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Welcome on board ... oh and you won't be disappointed in anything you buy from Stormcrow ... he's top notch in everything he does!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Yea I did ALOT of looking around this site for a while, the SEARCH button is now my closest friend, I sent my HH to 2QZQ and had the mod done and wow they do GREAT work I had them sew the Velcro entrance and man that made a world of difference, if I had the money I would have got a BB but the sale was just toooooo good. I wish I had a sewing machine to try some DIY, but that would cause a real BIG problem, so that venture will have to wait a while . Is there a sign-up list for the MAHHA hang or is it a just show up and hang event? Thanks for the invite!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    It's pretty much just show up. If you plan to be there Saturday night, bring some food to add to pot luck dinner if you can. If you can't don't worry, add some $$ to pay Bug-Bait for the burgers.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hawk-Eye - Yea I did some looking into the whole UQ thing and I found the spread sheet that was put together, can't remember who, but when I looked at it his (stormcrow) by comparison showed to be more of a fit for me I was looking at the Crowsnest with a couple oz of down added would pretty much work for me, the next investment will def be a Maccat in spinn prob the deluxe with 2QZQ doors, but wait I'm getting ahead of myself, man I feel like a kid in a candy store but with no money

Thanks for the warm welcome guys(galls?) tryn to be PC!

HappyCamper- Yea will do, I will hopefully be able to make it, woman/two kids n job can put a damper on things especially since I had to barter to get out for the AT hike.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Welcome fellow "Ballmer" hanger... Do get to the MAHHA in April.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast