DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schrochem View Post
    Where's a good source for rated rings?
    I looked in a few places but they didn't have a rating.
    Thanks
    Annapolis Performance Sailing has good ones from Sea Dog. They have the best price for them that I have found. Their service is great also.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just tried out using my oware 1/8" evasote pad (which I believe is the same stuff). I'm not sure you really have to sew it to the fabric. I was able to center it and get in the hammock. It stayed pretty much there, but it's real easy to just sit up, lower the bottom, and move the thing around, then pull back up. AND I can handle a pad this way. I've tried them all in the HH and never could get comfortable. Basically I hate having a pad or anything for that matter under me inside the hammock. In the Bridge, I could feel the pad contouring to my body but it wasn't objectionable.
    Grizz, yea I can reach the ridgeline fine from laying down, but it is pretty easy to just sit up. But you do have a point about the tarp. The ridgeline in this photo is about 10'
    I'll see how it goes with my Maccat next time I set it up out there.
    Yeah - I could never use pads in the hammock either. Under the hammock they work fine. Getting them under there in a regular hammock takes more work. In the Bridge Hammock it's very easy.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I mentioned something in the first post in the thread but it might not have been clear. I'm considering incorporating the ends into one of these underlayers (or the primary hammock itself). It wouldn't be hard to do, just extend out the fabric during the cut like this (past the lines)

Then the ends could be brought together to a point. Then it will look kinda like canoe

EDIT: Actually the ends wouldn't be such a straight diagnol like that but more of a curve upward, so it will be like saggy pocket.

This accomplishes a few things. It can easily be attached to some point on the suspension and act like the draft stopper like Tee Dee made. It can also act as storage for your gear. The main thing I'd like to use it for is storing a quilt I don't need when I go to sleep but need later in the night. In my other hammocks I try to shove it in the end (which it doesn't stay), hang it over a ridge line, or just let it sit next to me (which is too hot).
    I also plan on having it as part of the bugnetting system (still in development ).
    Interesting - let us know how it works out. Seems like there might be a lot of excess fabric hanging there that would need a lot of pleats to make it manageable.

Let us know how it works and your experience with it. If it works well, it might be better than the draft stoppers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234