Tarp
    WinterDream
    Insulation
    HG & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch CRL w/ Tatos
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    What did you choose from those options?
    If not, I think you would like to read this reviews: Best Backpacking Hammock.
    All 6 of your posts link back to the same website with affiliate links to Amazon, AlexK.

Is this your site AlexK? Just curious.

Wayne

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    All 6 of your posts link back to the same website with affiliate links to Amazon, AlexK.

Is this your site AlexK? Just curious.

Wayne
    Enjoythewild.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Not cool.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I see better out of the hammock versus any tent.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Eno Single / Henn BP lite Asym
    Hmm. As the OP, I don't see any tools for recourse against such affiliate postings. (? are there ? or just public shaming?)

AlexK, please tell Bezos hello. I'm sure he'll remember me from the "1984" ebook deletion fiasco.
    I'd be the one that put him over the precipice of public apology.

He'll remember the names I called him too.... "Son of perdition! Little Horn! Most unclean!" were NOT the ones used...
    and he's a FAR worse excuse for a "human" now.

Save yourself from his grip AlexK, there's still time.

NOW, back to happy hammock discussions.
    Thanks again to (most) everyone.
    Last edited by wouldhang; 01-12-2018 at 16:32.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WinterDream
    Insulation
    HG & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch CRL w/ Tatos
    And you can't buy a Ridgerunner on Amazon. Guess that's why it doesn't get a mention in AlexK's website's "Best Backpacking Hammock list."

Looking forward to more views from the hammock when the weather moderates and the tarp becomes optional.

Wayne

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wouldhang View Post
    ...Part of being in the woods, for me, is viewing nature, and hearing it too.
    So when hearing an animal, cracking limbs, wind, waves, etc... opening the eyes and seeing it
    is important. I'd rather not do it from the hard ground...

...Marketing People, sheesh.
    :-)
    Lot of us here want, and get, exactly what you're talking about. Lot of us have gone through progressions of hammocks, never feeling uncomfy in the hammock of the moment, but yet seeking nirvana of both increased comfort and a special feel that you get from the right one. For me, and would seem to be the case for you, is that seeing out has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Certainly can! Try a Simply Light Designs Streamliner. Fabulous views out either side and cheap too, in my opinion it's the best deal on a quality made in USA hammock you'll find.
    I have a Streamliner and can vouch for the view. However, the cat cuts of the Streamliner aren't for everyone. Its somewhat difficult to sit up and put shoes on due to the rigid sides created by the cat cut. Does seem to help with calf ridge.

I have another U/L hammock that is 10.5' x 65" wide where my diagonal leaves my head and feet at the edge with as good a view as the Streamliner. I suppose this seems counterintuitive with a wider hammock, but its how it lays. One of the reasons you just need to get out and see what works for you, and what method works for you. Can vouch for the WBRR view, but I didn't care for many aspects of a bridge - and I really thought the bridge was going to suit me best for reasons that turned out to be not so important (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I almost always deploy my tarp, and never use porch mode, so no view for me. Besides, I use my hammock for sleeping rather than sightseeing!
    I've seen SS post about his thunderstorm phobia and, thus, aversion to porch mode. I'll just say this... porch mode - its a great way to watch a thunderstorm (and a lot of other things, too). One of the great treats of "being" in the outdoors is seeing how the forest deals with rain.

Hang your tarp high, in porch mode, and find the hammock that works best for you!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I've seen SS post about his thunderstorm phobia and, thus, aversion to porch mode. I'll just say this... porch mode - its a great way to watch a thunderstorm (and a lot of other things, too). One of the great treats of "being" in the outdoors is seeing how the forest deals with rain.
    I don't think I have a thunderstorm phobia - far from it. I just don't think about a view from my hammock since I use my hammock for sleep and not sightseeing. Porch mode, one would think, is for people who are awake, and I use my hammock for sleeping!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I realize it’s a personal preference for sleeping which is what you’re mostly doing in a hammock, but for me, the ability to look out and see that nothing is there actually improves my sleep experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    LYNX 20 MAMBA 2O
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Quote Originally Posted by wouldhang View Post
    Eno pic(from their website) attached, but have seen similar with other manufacturers.

Question:
    Can Anyone "See" out of their Hammock, as seen in the photo?

I'd like to, but can't. Not even close.

If yes, are you tall? I'm not.
    If yes, have you modified your hammock?

It would be nice to actually be able to see the world.
    Typically, I'm buried deep inside and the fabric blocks my view. (eno singlenest and henessy UL backpack Asym)

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is the photo not accurate?
    Do I need a shorter hammock? Modify for my height?

Comments welcome.

Thanks,
    Woody

Attachment 159375
    I have a Great view out of my Warbonnet Ridge runner Bridge hammock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    ​Wolverine Craig

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I’m new to hammocking and got WBBB XLC for Christmas. I’m 180cm / 5’11” and laying in it the first time I was surprised how big the wall on the RHS (opposite side to head) was. I’m still very new and experimenting but glad I can at least see out head side and up of course (when no tarp).

It made me think back to the SLD Stream Liner and reading this post has added to that. Really happy with WBBB still. Just getting compulsions to collect more gear. HammockTent 90 Degree is the other hammock that piques my interest so good to hear about its side viewing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast