Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Boatstall..This is the real deal. I have used gear hammocks in my sailboats for years to store all sorts of things, and I can't believe I never thought to use them at home for my gear! When it comes to storing gear at home, it makes perfect sense. Plus, I happen to have several of my earliest early attempts of DIY hammocks that I really don't use anymore that would be perfect for this. Thanks for posting this.

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    i have 2-20' ocean shipping containers that i thoroughly cleaned inside with a sudzy pressure washer where all my precious items of kit reside ;-)

these things are well sealed and buggage is knot an element of worry

the containers though quite waterproof live under the eves of my barn(creating well separated stalls for other stuff) keeping them shaded in the "warm" weather here in The Lone Star State

sew far(knock knock) nothing has expired in the 10+ years i've been doing this

if you check the different sources in your area you can likely find containers 10'x8' 20'x8' and 40'x8' in floor size as well as several different heights

at the above mentioned $98/month rental price even a 40 footer would pay for itself in less than 3 years and you wouldn't have 2go2 the storage facility when you wanted to play with your toys/stuff ;-)

and a 10'x8' unit could hide behind a privacy fence in most neighborhoods w/o any trouble as long as the gate into the back yard is an 8 footer
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Noah 12 for now
    Insulation
    Lynx 0, Spindrift
    Suspension
    7/64 Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Ton View Post
    Boatstall..This is the real deal. I have used gear hammocks in my sailboats for years to store all sorts of things, and I can't believe I never thought to use them at home for my gear! When it comes to storing gear at home, it makes perfect sense. Plus, I happen to have several of my earliest early attempts of DIY hammocks that I really don't use anymore that would be perfect for this. Thanks for posting this.
    Quite welcome. Assuming possibly that 100 Ton is referring to your license rating?
    I know it's not the lightest gear, and it's a lot of stuff, but I use a canoe, so it's a lot like car camping, but without the other cars.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by boatstall View Post
    Quite welcome. Assuming possibly that 100 Ton is referring to your license rating?
    Yep, correct!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12