My wife has agreed to me doing a multi-week thru-hike in 2011. I’m looking do stay under the 300 mile mark to keep the trip well under a month long. Unfortunately, she has added a caveat that I am not allowed to solo hike anything that long. A real bummer, since the only hikers I know in my area consider a 10 mile hike and extreme outing but I completely understand and respect her wishes. Even with the “staffing” issue against me I am still starting to make plans, hoping that over the next year I’ll come across someone to go with me. I’ve been starting to look at trails and I’m looking for some recommendations. Currently I’m thinking about the SHT or the LT however trails like the Katy and River to River have also grabbed my interest also. For some odd reason, I don’t want to do a section hike of a longer trail either. I want a trail that I can do start to finish; I’m not sure why, it’s just a mental thing.

If you had a 3 week’ish time frame, what trail would you choose east of the Rockies? I live in Northern Indiana so there aren’t any local options besides the River to River Trail that I’m aware of.