Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Dead link?
    Working on my end.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Your first post on this was at 21:27 (9:30Pm), At 13 minutes after midnight you question if he participates on the forum

Many are off the clock and home with family by that time of day. Most reasonable people would not expect a reply until normal business hours

Dutch replies at 2:27 AM

I think he spends lots of time on here
    Good points.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC 1.2 double layer
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    I ordered some items in the last few days. The shipping was originally as much as the items. As I went thru the checkout process, the shipping was a pick list of options that was suddenly only $4 for the total order instead of $15 (a bad default perhaps?)

As anyone will tell you, until you pay for it, it is only a number on the screen. Go thru checkout, anything prior to that is obviously an error. Screen shot and inform them of the error. I do admit it makes for interesting emotional responses when pricing is bad, but, it is only a number on the screen until you finish the transaction. Computers do make errors, people make even more....

Gregori
    The image I posted above was the emailed invoice / purchase confirmation I received after I had made the purchase.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    Ok? I'm not real sure what you're trying to insinuate by posting my join date? Did I miss something?

I've been involved with internet forums long enough to know that when someone points out how new a member is, it's generally trying to suggest they're just a troll.

When you were checking my join date, did you happen to also notice I'm also a donating member of the forum, and have been so since the first week or so after joining? Just figured I'd point that out, in case there was any concern regarding the legitimacy of my post. Don't know of too many trolls who actually donate money to a forum before trolling it.
    Last edited by Kayak_Medic; 02-12-2018 at 03:32.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Your first post on this was at 21:27 (9:30Pm), At 13 minutes after midnight you question if he participates on the forum

Many are off the clock and home with family by that time of day. Most reasonable people would not expect a reply until normal business hours

Dutch replies at 2:27 AM

I think he spends lots of time on here
    My comment at 13 minutes after midnight was in response to someone suggesting I send Dutch an email. I merely presumed Dutch was active here and would see this post at some point. I was right. I wasn't expecting an immediate response, and wasn't questioning if he frequented the forum because he hadn't responded yet.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    My email is [email protected]
    We will gladly take a look at it and refund and overage. .

Snip...

Thanks for the quick response, Dutch. I'll shoot ya an email with my order info. Hopefully this helps you pinpoint the issue with your website.

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak_Medic View Post
    The image I posted above was the emailed invoice / purchase confirmation I received after I had made the purchase.
    And it was the FEDEX price you circled which was not your purchased method of shipping. You did not pay the outrageous FEDEX price did you?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    And it was the FEDEX price you circled which was not your purchased method of shipping. You did not pay the outrageous FEDEX price did you?
    No, of course not. But other folks have mentioned that it showed USPS as $15 for them as well, but that it changed to a more reasonable shipping rate upon finalizing the order. Mine stayed at $15, which while not as crazy as the Fed Ex price, is still pretty steep for a $61 order that can't weigh much more than a pound.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Just out of curiosity? did you access the site through a bookmark that you made right after they open the new site? The first time I tried to order something after the new site launched I did so through a bookmark I had made right after the new site was made, the shipping charges were way more than they should be. I contacted them, they reviewed the invoice reentered it on their end and said they had no problem with the shipping charges. I then made a new bookmark several months after the new site launch and have not had the problem since. Their crew is well aware of the problems and have been trying to fix it but apparently it's pretty random and hard for them to nail down. Dutch has incredibly good customer service, the best I've ever experienced. If anybody has any problem with any of his products or service all they need to do is contact them and they will go out of their way to make it right, that's how Dutch ware has gotten the reputation. I mean how many other retailers do you know that follow fourms looking for people complaining about their gear or shipping prices and respond within a couple days with a solution?
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    The beauty of Dutchwaregear.com is that if you call, Dutch will talk to you. Unparalleled customer service!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast