SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...

AL>Sipsey Spring Hang 2018>April 6/7/8

It’s that time again! Our fearless leader, Squidbilly, has new obligations, so I’m kicking this off. We’ve done it before, so I don’t think it’ll be too difficult, if everybody pitches in, right?

Everyone is welcome, from near and far. Newbies and experienced hangers.
    The Hang is held in the Wolfpen Hunt Camp area of the Sipsey Wilderness in the Bankhead National Forest. It is a totally primitive site (no water, outhouse down the road a ways), and FREE.

The area has beautiful hiking, waterfalls, bluff shelters, and history. The crowd is always fun and very informative.

Who’s in?

Charlotte

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    It’s that time again! Our fearless leader, Squidbilly, has new obligations, so I’m kicking this off. We’ve done it before, so I don’t think it’ll be too difficult, if everybody pitches in, right?

Everyone is welcome, from near and far. Newbies and experienced hangers.
    The Hang is held in the Wolfpen Hunt Camp area of the Sipsey Wilderness in the Bankhead National Forest. It is a totally primitive site (no water, outhouse down the road a ways), and FREE.

The area has beautiful hiking, waterfalls, bluff shelters, and history. The crowd is always fun and very informative.

Who’s in?

Charlotte
    Wanda and I will be there. Will be bringing a new friend for his first hang.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Thanks for getting this thing started Charlotte. Not sure who I’ll be bringing with me this time. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. If you’ve haven’t been to a ‘Hang’, if you want to check out the Sipsey Wilderness, or if you like to do some great car camping, come on out! Here is a video of the ‘Fall Hang’ to get an idea of what we do out there.

Fall Sipsey Hang 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq5L...&feature=share
    Last edited by Bammacker; 02-18-2018 at 09:40.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    here is a spread sheet for sign ups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I probably won't be able to stay the weekend but will come hang out Saturday. I have 4 trips planned between march and July and don't want to over ask my friend who takes care of my animals

hope the link to the spreadsheet works for everyone
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a minute. I'm looking forward to the hang this year excited to see your faces and some new faces. Hoping that everybody can make it and then some. I was talking with Kirk and we were talking putting together a menu ahead of time and posting on here so that you guys can decide if you would like to partake. I'm going to throw in a few new dishes and look to have plenty to feed a small army. Obviously for those of you that are new this is not an obligation to eat just a option if you would like. So I'll look to put something on here soon and you guys let me know if you want to bother or not. Hopefully we can put something toget together that's tasty and everybody enjoys. Ready to get back out in the woods.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images

AL>Sipsey Spring Hang 2018>April 6/7/8

I'll put it on my calendar and see if work cooperates

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bad Biscuit; 02-19-2018 at 23:27.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

All you people saying you can't wait to see your "old friends"... You know it's just me that y'all have been waiting to see! But it's nice of you to include everyone else too. You know I wouldn't miss it for anything! I'm sure Tammy #1 and Michelle will be back also. I may even be able to convert them to hammocks for a night or 2. Hope Dale's new obligations don't stop him from coming for the weekend. It won't be the same without a Dale Trail. And Garrett, if you're cooking it then I'm eating it! Let us know how to support the cause.

Can't wait to see everyone! I might have to go scope out Wolfpen this weekend for some extra large trees. Let's just say I haven't been hiking much lately. Time to change that.

I'm excited! It's been too long!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Tammy- come on out this weekend! I’m gonna be there w/ a few other people. You’re more than welcome to join us around our campfire. We’ll be there Friday and Saturday night with adventuring planned during the day.

Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    Tammy- come on out this weekend! I’m gonna be there w/ a few other people. You’re more than welcome to join us around our campfire. We’ll be there Friday and Saturday night with adventuring planned during the day.

Charlotte
    I had definitely been considering coming up there this weekend but I just checked the forecast and there's a 90% chance of rain! If that changes you can definitely count me in for early Saturday. My kid has an awards banquet on Sunday so I would have to leave Saturday night or early Sunday morning to make that. I'll message you is there's a change in the forecast! That would be great! If the forecast doesn't change, I'll send you a boat. You may need it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Montouk/0Jarbidge
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I am going to see if I can talk a friend into going to her first hang. I should be able to make it one night, I would love to do all three. Wooo!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast