BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies

Snow on the Coast of NC

Snow!!! I just flat out can't believe it but when the weatherman said we "might" get a dusting last night, Well.... I just couldn't resist putting up my hammock in the back yard. Hubby and son thought I was NUTTS

The fat fluffly white stuff started falling about 9 ish last night and at 11pm I headed out the back door to get into my hammock.
    Hammock set up... Clark w/ Clark tarp, homemade winter under quilt, homemade winter top quilt & a kelty down camping pillow. I'm wearing pajama pants (bamboo so it's sort of like camping clothes) and a bamboo t-shirt. Down jacket, rain jacket (both came off when I got into my hammock). SmartWool socks, crocs on feet (socks stayed on). That's it.

Only had the weather shield zipped 1/3 closed. I needed to vent!! During the night the tarp kept getting closer and closer to my bug netting. Didn't quite touch it though. I was woke up this morning by a loud noise that I finally realized was the sound of a tree breaking!!
    That was at 5:30 am and I didn't get out of my hammock till around 7. When I did, I walked around looking at all the trees. We got about 5" of snow and all the trees are bowed over. The one that snapped was about 5 feet from where I set up my hammock. And the rest are all looking pretty bent over and like they're just before snapping too. I'm not staying out tonight just in case they do decide to break!! Had to put my tarp in the garage to dry. It was fun though and now I can say that I've camped in the snow!!

Did any other southern's happen to camp out last night when this storm blew through???

TinaLouise

Images
    We got 6" in Aiken, SC. It's obvious we're in for a round of Global Cooling!
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

• + New Posts