Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB. KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Storage Options

I’m considering adding a ridgeline organizer, gear sling, or peak shelf. I’d love to hear some opinions from DH owners with these options.

The Gear sling looks more multi function, but how well does it work ok the ridgeline? Looks like it might be floppy.

Do things ever fall out of the peak shelf? Without a net or overcover does it still work just as well? Peak shelf appears sewn in, is that correct?

Ridgeline organizer I’m familiar with, but I’m not a huge fan of using it on my Hennessy as I need to keep it out of the way to sit up. On a bigger hammock like the Raven is this still an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means."

Peak shelves are sewn in and then they have an attachment to your structural ridgeline. They are supportive and I have never had anything fall out of them. There is tension not on the ridgeline so you can pull it as tight or pull it back to make more of a “bowl” as you see fit. I use it for multiple things and never had any issues.

I don’t have the gear sling, but think it would be overkill personally, then again I have a hammock chair I use for a gear sling when I want one so maybe that is why I didn’t get one.

I have the ridgeline organizer and love mine, then again I am a bit of a gadget hammock guy when car camping. I have a goal zero usb fan, a phone holder, and a goal zero light which require a battery pack if I am there for a few days. The organizer holds that battery, my sunglasses, headlamp, and keys/pocket knife/wallet while I am sleeping.

I have the sparrow not the raven, but have lied in the raven at the fall texas hang (Randy and Dianne were there). I don’t think it would be an issue or get in the way, although I do have to move mine around a bit if I am sitting up in the hammock, but it slides easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB. KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Does anybody have a gear sling? What do you use it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means."

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Hall View Post
    Does anybody have a gear sling? What do you use it for?
    I made a gear sling out of a lightweight 3'x5' polyester flag I got off Amazon for $4. Gathered up the short ends and ran shock cord through channels on the long sides. I hang it on my ridgeline towards the foot end of the hammock, and I can throw clothes, stuff sacks, etc in there--mostly I use it for storing my TQ when entering/exiting the hammock so I never have to worry about it falling out.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I prefer a pocket over my shoulder for phone and gadgets, so I like the gear sling for a wider range of options than the RLO. Depending on my gear, I can put a quilt, jacket, whatever, and know it's secure. I like a peak shelf as well for things I like close at hand. Another good use of the GS is to use it as a stuff sack and leave your quilts attached to the hammock. It then serves as stuff sack and storage.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    WL 20degree UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    On my Darien order (about two more weeks' wait!), I'm having a peak shelf installed at the head end. I plan to diy a peak bag at the other end, and I salvaged a gear loft from an old Eureka tent that was easy to turn into a ridgeline organizer.

The Warbonnet shelf has spoiled me, but the peak shelf ought to be a good substitute.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    IMHO, the Dream Hammock Gear Sling is sheer genius with flawless execution; it is one of the most versatile storage options going, and used in place of a stuff sack for some of your gear it will add zero net weight.

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    A lot of folks carry a gear sling with them...they just haven't realized it yet.

"...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

• + New Posts