Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

Back Woods Winter Dream V2: review

I LOVE MY BACK WOODS WINTER DREAM V2 modified black with side pullouts. Scott (sclittlefield on HF) did an excellent job. He had great customer service and extremly fast response time. I wanted a modified tarp made and he was able to do so and was even excited about it (it was his first black tarp I am honnored). All around this is an excellent tarp. The ridge line is 10' with 13' cat cut sides. Its the V2 model so the doors are cut straight down. The side pull outs IMHO are a must and really inable you to truly utlize the size of this tarp. The sewing all around is spot on straight. The side pull outs got complements from every one who looked at them on how reinforced they are. Scott used plastic D-Rings for his securing points on this tarp. These are secured to the tarp with a piece of webbing. The webbing and the stitching gave me the confidence of being able to really get this tarp nice and taught and it was. really allowed for a lot of room inside. Their wasent much wind but I had no flapping and when the snow started to fall it slid off nicely and had little sagging. To close the doors he uses plastic mitten hooks with coorosponding ribbon loops. Very easy to use. Included are 4 pieces of shock cord that can be used to criss cross the doors or to tie them back onto the tarp. I dont know what else to say about this tarp beside I love it. My only complaint (sorry Scott) and in all honesty its kinda petty for the quality of product you get but im lazy, is that he does not provide the option of seam sealing his tarps so you have to do it your self. But if your looking for an excellent tarp, dont let that turn you away because Scott most certainly makes an excellent tarp. Thanks again Scott, keep on sewing on, (once your done with your move of course).

P.S. the set up is a little messy it was my first tarp I ever rigged for a hammock and the pictures were took during the NJ winter hang. I dont have any picturs from the inside due to the lighting and the tarp being black. And I cant figure out how to put pictures into a post so you can see pictures in my gallery

Last edited by lazy river road; 02-14-2010 at 22:19.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Lazy... very nice.

As for posting pictures in your post...

Take the url of where the image is stored...

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...imageuser=4521

And when you are composing a post, there is a little box at the top with a yellow backdrop, mountain and what looks like the moon (or sun.) Click on that and paste the URL in the text box...

Or you can simply wrap the url with image tags.... [IMG] the url goes here [ /IMG] < space added between the [ and the / so you can see whats going on.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies &amp; Straps
    Images
    Thanks opie but im some times computer illeterated when ever I try it I just get a red X o well its in the gallery simple enough no biggie

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler, hh ULBP mod2 2qzq
    Tarp
    mamba SF mccat
    Insulation
    jrb, yeti
    Suspension
    dutch clips, whoop
    Images
    mmmm black. How much sunlight penetrates? I hung a blue superfly the other day and was impressed with the soothing low light

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies &amp; Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekul View Post
    mmmm black. How much sunlight penetrates? I hung a blue superfly the other day and was impressed with the soothing low light
    Its would be hard to say, It was an overcasted weekend with little to NO sunlight. It snowed on Saturday night so it was grey all day. I got their after sun down on Friday. I would susspect very little sunlight penetration although it is a very thin tarp. I like that it is black for two main reasons. 1. the stealthyness of it. I presonally think it just looks cool, and wanted something a bit different. But thats just me. 2, if it attracts sunlight in the morning when the sun rises a possible theory I had was that the black would attract sun light in the morning 1. drying the dew off the tarp 2. possibly heating up the tarp to make it a little more bearable wakeing up on a chilly morning and letting me sleep in a little later on a realy sunny day if im super tired. I dont know if the black color would help dry the morning dew any faster then a lighter color but I went off of the same theory of makeing a TQ/UQ black on one side to help dry faster in the sun. Id be curious to see

• + New Posts