Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1 on compaints about the EE Revolt. I had one and returned it cause I did not like the design, could not get it dialed in right and the materials did not seem like they would hold up well, although the quilt was the lightest in it's class, so I guess that was the trade off. Instead, I went with a 30 degree Hammock Gear Phoenix, much better quilt. Although I can't say for sure if he HG would be warmer for you, maybe you need a 20 degree quilt?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch .5 Wit
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar Straps, MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    +1 on compaints about the EE Revolt. I had one and returned it cause I did not like the design, could not get it dialed in right and the materials did not seem like they would hold up well, although the quilt was the lightest in it's class, so I guess that was the trade off. Instead, I went with a 30 degree Hammock Gear Phoenix, much better quilt. Although I can't say for sure if he HG would be warmer for you, maybe you need a 20 degree quilt?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    I have an EE underquilt and a Hammock Gear and prefer the EE I think they're both quality products and that the manufacturer ratings on both are reasonable. Since you have a 30 degree quilt already, I would get a 10 degree uq and use the 30 degree uq for warmer weather.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have found the UQs and TQs that I have gotten from the cottage vendors to be good below the rating they are given. Many of the quilts and sleeping bags from the mass produced companies have ratings that are more of ...it will keep you alive at the rating we give it but you will not comfortable.

The conditions the gear is being used in can make a big difference as a cold night with no wind is not a problem while the same set and temps and add a cold wind sucking the warmth out of your set up will make for a miserable night unless you can block the wind via tarp placement, sock, UQP. Add not having the UQ adjusted properly can also cause issues with comfort and CBS
    3rd Annual Frosty But Hang Feb 2017 ............ 4th Annual 2018 Fat Butt Hang TBA ..................... 5th Annual 2017 Hunger Halloween Hang

I am 18 with 47 years of experience ! ................ Hike the Neusiok Trail & check out the NTforum !

Hammock
    Don't make me pick just one
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    After trying unsuccessfully 4-5 times to push my 30 degree quilt set below their temp rating I pulled the trigger on a JRB Mt Washington 4. I figure why limit yourself or stress yourself out trying to push your gear to where it's not designed to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk