Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    The grey one in the for sale sectoion? I was late. I wanted that quilt first time it was posted but missed it then too. lol
    No I bought these new, I did consider that one in the for sale forum though. That one was going to be waaaaay too warm for me. Tbh any reaper is probably too warm for me needs. When I'm ready to get a subzero though it will be a reaper no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlrocm View Post
    I too noticed this when comparing these two companies. I have an underquilt from loco live gear and a top quilt from hammock gear. both quilts are exceptional and I'm very pleased with each. I have 100 percent confidence in each to get me to the claimed temperature ratings, but I think id trust the LLG underquilt to go a bit colder than its claimed rating.
    I have full confidence in HG as well. I had a couple of HG summer quilts and they were top notch, as well as my snakeskin, ridgeline organizer, and all of the hardware I've purchased from them. I agree with you though it seems LLG has a very conservastive rating on their quilts and should go well below their advertised temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    Locolibre : warmer, better comunication for any custom work or problem you might have. You talk to the designer directly.
    I'm glad you and everyone else here has made me confident I made the right decision. I emailed LLG last year when I was considering a set of summer operator quilts, and George emailed me directly. He was very friendly and personal. We even shot the **** a little bit! I can't wait to get my hands on these puppies. It's going to be a long 3 months =(

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I absolutely love my 30 degree reaper. I've had it down to 2 degrees and no problems. The quality is far above most quilts that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I absolutely love my 30 degree reaper. I've had it down to 2 degrees and no problems. The quality is far above most quilts that I have seen.
    This seems to be the general consensus. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    This seems to be the general consensus. I can't wait to get my hands on them!
    Currently have 3 HG Incubators, a Loco Libre top quilt, and a UGQ topquilt. All are equal in quality as I'm sure the other popular vendors here are. Some traits of each may make you decide one way or another. You probably won't be able to make those choices until you dive in and use one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    Currently have 3 HG Incubators, a Loco Libre top quilt, and a UGQ topquilt. All are equal in quality as I'm sure the other popular vendors here are. Some traits of each may make you decide one way or another. You probably won't be able to make those choices until you dive in and use one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I've been happy with my HG and EE quilts they were very high quality. This will be my first run with George's quilts so I'll get to see personally how they measure up. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger on a Reaper, but I'm pretty sure I'd have a heat stroke in one of those bad boys! Trust me though when its time to buy my -10 degree set, it will be a Reaper.
    It seems to me that the Reapers are, for a given temperature, quite heavier than the Habanero. I think the zigzag results in more materials (dividers) and more down to ensure that every corner is fully lofted. Cound be wrong but this was my impression when I ran the numbers.

Minos

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12