DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    For me the WBRR is worth the extra weight so I do not have the fiddle with adjusting the under quilts on a gathered end all night long. It's not a big problem when it's warmer but in cold weather I can't rest due to the inability to keep the quits in place.
    I was worried about that too when I bought a GE as I was very used to the ease of setup with the WBRR. But the hammock gear Phoenix UQ suspension system is pretty cool as it has a secondary set of shock cord lines that allows you to adjust where your UQ lays up and down the length of your hammock.

If it ever moves left or right and lays lopsided it isn’t very much. Although eventually my OCD gets the better of me and all I have to do is shift it by grabbing the edge through the loose part of the hammock material and pull up or down. Very easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by j-Fish View Post
    ... flattest laying hammock known to man.

Also know as a Hammocktent Gamma UL.

For me the WBRR produced too much shoulder squeeze to be comfortable as I had both a 90 * hammock and a GE DH Raven to compare it to. I didn't mind the high up position, the saddle bags, the stow away bugnet, the pseudo foot box and head storage area, and relatively flat lay. I didn't much like the spreader bars poking at an expensive tarp when it was windy either.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I can understand why you passed along the WBRR. I too went through a similar process thinking a WBRR would be the best choice. However, although I am not a stomach sleeper, I do like to side sleep and have found ninety degree hammocks, e.g. Hammocktent Alpha, Beta, or Gamma UL to be the most comfortable hammock for doing such. Don't get me wrong, I do use and like my DH Sparrow and WBBB XLC, but still find the ninety degrees to be the most comfortable hammocks.
    What is a 90 degree hammock? Just as it sounds, designed to sleep perpendicular to the ends?

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Currently, there are three primary ninety degree hammocks; The Hammocktent Alpha, Beta, and Gamma UL hammocks by Hammocktent.com; the Amok Draumr; and the Exped Ergo. Exped has discontinued their Ergo, but there are still some for sale. Instead of me attempting an explanation a DuckDuckGo search will bring up images that are worth a thousand words (or two thousand in my case).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12