Hammock
    Grand Trunk & ENO doubles
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images

Finally did it!!!

Well after spending sometime reading through the threads and information contained with in this hallowed forum. I have finally decided to order two hammocks to try out. One is the ENO doublenest and the other is the Grand Trunk Double Hammock. I decided on these two because of the HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY factor Eventually I plan on moving into the relm of the DIY crowd, but for now I will HANG here

Now I have to get started on stand for the backyard so I can try out the new pretties when they arrive. Take care for now ohh and thanks for all of the info that it is here ...very good stuff
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Welcome,

I hope you find everyone here as willing to help as I did. There is a great group here. Enjoy ..

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Welcome. Be sure to post how it goes once you try them out.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Yeah, pictures please.
    Or somebody will inform you.....NO pictures, then it didn't happen!

Just saying.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images
    Thank you all, I will do my best to give updates and pics
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images

All right, finally some pics

I have finally been able to check out the 2 hammocks I bought, a Eno doublenest and a GT double. I purchased a hammock stand from BJs, they had some nice ones for about $80. They are made by Pawleys Island and the model is the Castaway. It is pretty durable (HD 2" pipe) and snaps together, makes for easy assemble and disassemble (5 parts). The attachment points are just over 14 foot apart and about 4 foot high. When I hang the hammocks I have them hanging pretty level and by the time I get in them I am hanging only about 10 inches from the ground, I am 6'3" and come in around the 366 Lb. mark on the scales so I do get some good stretch out of them. I can get comfy in the GT (little tight) but the Eno seems pretty tight at the shoulders and feet. After checking out the Eno a little closer it appears to be a single instead of a double, the width is only just over 4 foot instead of closer to the 6 foot width that is supposed to be, it is labeled as a doublenest??? oh well GF gets cozy comfy in it. I guess to get a better hang, the suspension (JRB webbing & triglides) needs to be higher than what the stand can offer. I also have a ??? as to what would be a good material for a DIY hammock that would be better handle my weight with out a lot of stretch. Also thinking that something a little longer somewhere around 11 foot. Thanks and I will get some more pics loaded later
    SEAN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    Hi gracadruid.

You are huge. I am small. 5'8, 170 lbs. And that hammock looks crazy short from the photos. I did a DIY (2 actually) with walmart buck fiddy dig. camo material, what it is I don't know. No stretch, and stiches nice on my girlfreinds machine. What I learned from the first one is its fun to make them, and ripping through one sucks. Mine is 11.5 feet, and I would not go shorter. So from a newbie for whats its worth, I would go like 13 feet for you, and just double layer the material before hemming and sewing the channels in and whatnot. Oh, the first one was not the camo material. and it tore maybe because i ran my stiches too short, and overdid the lock stiches.
    Last edited by hippofeet; 04-02-2010 at 00:07. Reason: feet not inches, lol

Hammock
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hippofeet View Post
    Hi gracadruid.

You are huge. I am small. 5'8, 170 lbs. And that hammock looks crazy short from the photos. I did a DIY (2 actually) with walmart buck fiddy dig. camo material, what it is I don't know. No stretch, and stiches nice on my girlfreinds machine. What I learned from the first one is its fun to make them, and ripping through one sucks. Mine is 11.5 feet, and I would not go shorter. So from a newbie for whats its worth, I would go like 13 feet for you, and just double layer the material before hemming and sewing the channels in and whatnot. Oh, the first one was not the camo material. and it tore maybe because i ran my stiches too short, and overdid the lock stiches.
    Hey Hippofeet, yep I am huge had a little girl call me a giant the other day
    thanks for the input. I was thinking at least 12 foot long
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    The trade off being, a fifty pound pack on me is staggering. You could carry me AND my pack, and I would cook us a delicious lunch.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

• + New Posts