hello all,

I've made several bugnets for years, and i have found, the best material for me is a lycra mesh. I found, because It can stretch, I can cut it a tad shorter and get a nice shape to it when someone sleeps in it.

the design construction is very easy.

take a piece of netting about six inches longer than your hammock. hem the short ends with a 1.5 inch hem and run a cord through the hem. sew a zipper down the long edges and you're ready to go. this forms a hammock tunnel

run your hammock through the tunnel and sinch up the cords on the bugnet as you would a bag of potatoes. Now, your ends are closed off to any unwanted visitors, but you can enter the hammock at will. once in zip up the zipper that runs along the side and you're done.

if you don't want the net, undo one of the cinched up ends and slide it to the othe side out of the way.

If you could help me, I would appreciate it. I want to make a new hammock with out the web through the seam design. However, I would like the hammock edges as tight as possible. what do you recommend as the best fold and whip for this purpose?

thanks
Alan